Queen Victoria Q5 - which deck?

cruiseluvva

We are about to book two voyages on QV in a Q5, there is availability on decks 4, 5 and 8. Which deck has the best balconies? Many thanks
Hi cruiseluvva,

I'd avoid Deck 8, there have been several reports of noise issues overhead because of the Lido buffets/restaurants, Galleys, pool areas (dragging chairs), Spa and public rooms above on Deck 9.

I also remember seeing a problem reported here with regard to galley extractor vents above certain Deck 8 balconies.

Having said that, the Q5s are in the stern corners, well away from sources of most potential noise issues.

Be aware that passengers on Deck 9 can look directly down on the stern balconies below

(seen here: ).

Hope this helps.

Edited by pepperrn

We are about to book two voyages on QV in a Q5, there is availability on decks 4, 5 and 8. Which deck has the best balconies?

Many thanks

Excellent choice. The QV Q5 balconies are great and the problem of people looking down from a height at you isn't a problem although I'd avoid 8 because of potential noise from the deck above and the fact you are more open to deck 9.

Deck 4 is OK, but deck 5 has been our choice on a few cruises.

You'll be fine.

Have to say,we've had a Q5 on deck 8, no problem at all. Rarely saw anyone overhead, you can sometimes hear voices but it's only at sailaways and lasts for a few moments. It is not a concern - you can hear your neighbours on any balcony anyway.

Only heard chairs being moved early once, not a problem either.

We prefer the elevated view - but all the suites are great and the balconies too.

• 4 weeks later...

Helpful comments and discussion. We are looking at QV Q5 for 2016 World Voyage and trying to decide deck !

Anyone got links to video or photos past guests taken of Q5 on QV? Can only find done done on Elizabeth!

Helpful comments and discussion. We are looking at QV Q5 for 2016 World Voyage and trying to decide deck !

Anyone got links to video or photos past guests taken of Q5 on QV? Can only find done done on Elizabeth!

Hi there!

Question for you- why wouldn't you choose a Q6 instead? Perhaps you like the wraparound balcony of the Q5, which is great, but pls know that it comes at the expense of greatly reduced inside space.

We had 4191 (Q6) for the QV world voyage and had a look into our neighbour's Q5 (4189) and would not have traded. Just food for thought- especially if it's for the full world voyage where the cabin is very important.

I think my partner has posted pics of our Q6 somewhere on this board. I wish you a Bon Voyage wherever you choose.

EDIT- to add: I forgot to say that on deck 4 we had a little noise issue coming from the Britannia restaurant below a couple of times. Once there was a staff Bingo game being held around 11pm- and the number caller was using a microphone. And just before each Britannia dinner service, the section Maitre D makes a speech to staff re: the menu, etc. Since he shouted a bit in order to be heard, it was audible in the cabin.

Edited by Kiltboys

Kiltboys,

Thanks for the insights. I had been looking and hearing that the Q5 sounds bigger as the sizes include balcony space and I did think when looked at the video it seemed a bit smaller. We did a large part of QM2 World Cruise this year and loved the size of the Q5 but does seem they are overall a bit smaller on QV and QE. We have been on Q3 and Q4 on both QE and QV and think their strange shape would feel a bit too much for a long trip. So guess back to looking at Q6. The wrap-around balcony appealed as I like to be on balcony on arrival and departure and getting the side view was appealing, especially for the Panama Canal. But guess if missing the side view can haul my lazy butt up on deck !!

Gary