Recent Getaway cruisers-was specialty dining available?

dna529

We are cruising in November and don't have the UDP. I am still on the fence about booking a couple of specialties online. We definitely want to go to Cagney's one night . Has anyone had any problems booking specialty restaurants once on board on the getaway? I would much rather go freestyle if possible.:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We are cruising in November and don't have the UDP. I am still on the fence about booking a couple of specialties online. We definitely want to go to Cagney's one night . Has anyone had any problems booking specialty restaurants once on board on the getaway? I would much rather go freestyle if possible.:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

If you want to book the UDP you have to do it 1st night at the reception desk, you will see at the end of counter menu's setup and staff.

Usually no problem getting resy's you may have to adjust by 15 min. or so.

Edited by Ilovesailing

You can book anytime at the Restaurant Reservations Desk in the lobby Deck 6 at one corner of the Guest Services Desk. My last cruise in June I was able to just wait in line at a particular restaurant and be seated. There is a huge electronic screen that will show you the seating availability of the various restaurants.

Enjoy

If you want to book the UDP you have to do it 1st night at the reception desk, you will see at the end of counter menu's setup and staff.

Actually you can book the UDP any time online prior to embarkation. It came available literally as soon as we booked our cruise.

However, you can also decide where and when to eat (be flexible of course) each day once on board. They only release a certain percentage of seating for pre-booking so most days you will find an available table. Of course the first available may be 9:30p at the more popular restaurants if you wait until the last minute though. As long as you're flexible with times, it usually won't be a problem. YMMV.

Edited by tarps14

We just got off the Getaway and were super happy that we made restaurant reservations before we left. Le Bistro was booked out after day 1 for the entire cruise. We managed to add 2 friends to our reservation on the last night but it took a lot of persuading the maitre d!

Sent from my iPad using Forums