New Tote Bag!

I have been looking for a new tote bag since my last cruise. My travel tote that I have been using for years was beginning to show its age so I have been casually looking. Wandered into The Paper Store today to see what they had for discontinued Vera Bradley bags and I found this great black and white striped Vera tote for half price!!! :D Its not the typical Vera print and it will be great to use for my carry-on. Now I just need to find some nice white T-shirts for the summer!

Another place to look is eBags, under diaper bags. Yes...I said diaper bags. If you like compartments for organizing things, these are perfect. Just toss out the diaper changing pad, lol. I use these as commuter bags - a place for my umbrella, magazine, etc.

Another place to look is eBags, under diaper bags. Yes...I said diaper bags. If you like compartments for organizing things, these are perfect. Just toss out the diaper changing pad, lol. I use these as commuter bags - a place for my umbrella, magazine, etc.
I can already see this thread taking an odd turn, but I'm going to share a tip I read somewhere:

If you're carrying an expensive camera, a camera bag makes it a target for thieves (especially in European cities). A diaper bag makes a good alternative: They tend to be padded /protective and have pockets for your extra lenses, etc. But no thief is even remotely interested in stealing what appears to be a bag of extra diapers and Goldfish crackers.

I can already see this thread taking an odd turn, but I'm going to share a tip I read somewhere:

If you're carrying an expensive camera, a camera bag makes it a target for thieves (especially in European cities). A diaper bag makes a good alternative: They tend to be padded /protective and have pockets for your extra lenses, etc. But no thief is even remotely interested in stealing what appears to be a bag of extra diapers and Goldfish crackers.

That is so funny! And a great idea!:D

Black and white Vera is hard to find on sale. Most of it sells out and never gets to the sale table, unless it is a piece no one cares for. I've been selling Vera Bradley for years and have never seen a black and white stripe tote. They have had solid black with a beige/black or white/black interior and a few other prints in black print with stripe accents.

So, you got a great deal :)

We generally start marking down Vera (manufacture directed) first at 30% off, then a while later they have us take another 20-40% off that price. If the piece still doesn't sell, we send it to our outlet store...they mark it back up to the original sale price (30% off regular retail). So just know if you find a piece of Vera Bradley on sale, marked down a second time, that is as low as it will probably go. I tell ladies that if they admire a piece, buy it now. Quite a number of them don't, then come back a week later, only the stuff is gone. Vera online will do the same, mark down for a special event, then bring the price back up a few days later.

Edited by Happy ks

Totally agree! I am headed to the outlet mall this weekend to look for a new one for a trip. Coach and Kate Spade make some really cute ones! They are perfect, as they are sturdy, lots of pockets, that outer baby bottle pocket is perfect for a water bottle and the main compartment zips which is imperative if you are going to tote it on a plane.

Not all diaper bags are covered in cartoon characters. I am hoping to find a Kate Spade Stevie bag in a fun color for my cruise in a few weeks.

http://www.katespade.com/designer-handbags/fabric-purses/kate-spade-nylon-stevie-baby-bag/PXRU2340,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_PXRU2340_color=001&cgid=ks-handbags-baby-bags#start=11&cgid=ks-handbags-baby-bags

Edited by nolatravelgirl

Love the tip! I do not like my camera bag at all. The standard ones are not cute or fun looking! I will start looking for a diaper bag! Those have gotten so stylish in recent years since I carried them last - 12 yrs ago! :D