Formal Night bib

Splinter

My mother, who had MS, had a lovely black sequined bib that she used for formal nights for a number of cruises (she had more than 38 cruises total). She has passed away, and my sister (who made the bib) and I would love to offer it free to another lady who would get use out of it for cruises.

If you are interested (first come, first serve), please let me know here. I will check back to see if anyone is interested and arrange to mail it to you.

My mother, who had MS, had a lovely black sequined bib that she used for formal nights for a number of cruises (she had more than 38 cruises total). She has passed away, and my sister (who made the bib) and I would love to offer it free to another lady who would get use out of it for cruises.

If you are interested (first come, first serve), please let me know here. I will check back to see if anyone is interested and arrange to mail it to you.

Have MS and do not require a bid at this time but wanted to express that this is such a lovely gesture. My prayers go out to you and your family. Your mother was blessed to have such thoughtful and caring daughters.

Noticed you're in/near San Diego, so if no one on CC comes forward, suggest you contact the local Pacific South Coast Chapter of National Multiple Sclerosis Society Office.

1-800-344-4867 (1-800-FIGHT-MS). THis is the nationwide general number just ask to be connected to the Chapter Office located at 12121 Scripps Summit Dr #190 in San Diego, 92131.

Thank you all.

Here is a picture of my mother wearing the bib:

What a wonder photo memorary of your mother!!!

Kudo's to your sister who designed and made the bid. Can't even tell it's a bib as it blends so nicely with her outfit. The person who finally adopts the bid will be very happy to have it.

• 1 month later...
This is still available...hate to just throw it away if someone else could use it.

I'm cruising with a group in February that we call ourselves the MsCruisers. Most of us going have MS. We're from all around the country and have been cruising together for more than 5 years now. The cruise just happens to be departing from San Diego in February and I'm arriving a few days early. If you still have the Bib at that time perhaps arrangement could be made. On past MsCruiser cruises there's been someone that wishes that they could have found something as nice as what was made for your Mom.

Just a thought

Sounds good. You can reach me at sci dot nurse at hotmail dot com

The cruise is Feb 9th and I'll be arriving on the 7th so will contact as it gets closer to that date. However if someone comes forward before than that could you this lovely item, than please by all means don't wait for me. Just like you , I hate to see it thrown out.

Happy New Year !

• 4 weeks later...
The cruise is Feb 9th and I'll be arriving on the 7th so will contact as it gets closer to that date. However if someone comes forward before than that could you this lovely item, than please by all means don't wait for me. Just like you , I hate to see it thrown out.

Happy New Year !

xxoo, please contact me ASAP. I may be out of town the first couple weeks in February, so want to make arrangements to mail this to you.

xxoo, please contact me ASAP. I may be out of town the first couple weeks in February, so want to make arrangements to mail this to you.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I did enclose my address in the email as wanted to make certain I reached the correct person. Will email the address after I receive confirmation that you received my email.

Thank you.

Splinter, I am so sorry to hear that your mother has passed. Prayers to you and your family. You have been so inspirational in your devotion to making sure your Mom was able to cruise. I thought I couldnt go alone with my Mom on her only cruise to Alaska as we both had mobility problems.....but I thought if Splinter, her Mom and Dad could go with the lift, chairs and other equipment you took, we could surely go with a scooter and a walker. We did, had a wonderful time! My Mom is gone now, too, but I'm so glad we did that cruise. You also made me realize that we neededto address the Access board, so I was one of the 40 :-(, and you inspired me to fight for my ADA rights with a hotel chain offering shuttles only to the Able bodied. I won too! Thanks so much to you and to the other fired up posters on this board!!!

Archived