Carnival Miracle obstructed view french door

crustycrab

Just returned from 8 day Carnival Miracle in 4K cat.room 4197. Took it due to the great price. It has floor to ceiling double glass doors that open inward with a lifeboat hanging in front of them. I suppose if you normally book inside you would love being able to see daylight. But I hated the room for we always had balcony or large oceanview on our past 14 cruises. I am too claustraphobic for inside. Perhaps this info will help others choose. It is a good price value.

175722409IqxPTu_th.jpg

i think if you would got a cabin BETWEEN the lifeboats it would have opened the view a little bit more.

The problem is the deckplans evidently do not accurately show which cabins ARE BETWEEN life boats. Looking at the deckplans, 4197 looks like it is between life boats, but the op indicates otherwise. The cabin in your picture, 4194, looks like it is toward the end of a lifeboat (not BETWEEN lifeboats), on the deckplans, but you seem to be indicating it is BETWEEN two lifeboats. In addition, 4194 is a quad cabin; there will only be two of us in the cabin.

on the deck plans=== see those white things sticking out between the lifeboats??

you want a cabin on either side of that.

4194 is between the lifeboats.

that whole oval thing-- is a lifeboat. booking a cabin that is inthe middle of that area your view will be the lifeboat

example: 4193 4201 4200

and these cabins: Picture Window instead of French Door: 4202, 4203, 4205, 4207

on the deck plans=== see those white things sticking out between the lifeboats??

you want a cabin on either side of that.

4194 is between the lifeboats.

that whole oval thing-- is a lifeboat. booking a cabin that is inthe middle of that area your view will be the lifeboat

example: 4193 4201 4200

and these cabins: Picture Window instead of French Door: 4202, 4203, 4205, 4207

Exactly! Like I stated before, you say 4194 is between the lifeboats, but the deckplans do not indicate that. The deckplans show 4196, next to 4194, between the lifeboats.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Images/Misc/ccl/ADA_Deckplan_SP.pdf

(4202, 4203, 4205, and 4207 are modified cabins, which, thankfully, we do not need, and therefore, will not book.)

• 2 years later...
I'm new to Cruise Critic. Has anyone stayed in Cabin 4205 on the Carnival Miracle. Does it have French Doors or just a window. I see different reviews saying both. Also any pictures?:)

Window. You can see it in the legend on the deck plans

• 2 months later...

Please help with with rooms. I see several different comments I am booked in 4203 on the Miracle I was told it has french doors. I really want to know so I can change if necessary. I see you say try and get 4194 did anyone stay in these rooms to help make my decision. We cruise a lot couple Michael and Gail Our cruise is not until April we have plenty of time to change. Please HELP mike4gail@yahoo.com

Please help with with rooms. I see several different comments I am booked in 4203 on the Miracle I was told it has french doors. I really want to know so I can change if necessary. I see you say try and get 4194 did anyone stay in these rooms to help make my decision. We cruise a lot couple Michael and Gail Our cruise is not until April we have plenty of time to change. Please HELP mike4gail@yahoo.com

4203 does NOT have french doors. Only a window

Staterooms with picture window instead of French door: 4202, 4203, 4205, 4207

it is also a handicapped cabin

4196 4197 are better choices

April is a high peak sailing family time. You do not have plenty of time.

Call today and get that changed.

• 1 year later...
I know this is an old thread but do you remember if it was noisy on this deck?

Hi Sweethart --

You might have more luck posting your question in the CCL forum, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

This forum or subforum is really very quiet and ship specific things will get more knowledgeable answers in the line-specific boards.

Sweethart:

I looked over the cabin reviews for Deck 4...

Two very-foreward insides (NEAR LOUNGE) both said quiet.

Two (of six reviews) of aft balconies complained of noise (one from neighbors balconies and one from stewards' closet).

Two said it was quiet, the other two just said it was "convenient".

There were 3 reviews of mid-ship balconies; one said it was quiet and the other two said nothing about noise.

4 of the 5 aft-view balcony reviews mention prop/engine noise, but low person-traffic.

Of 10 reviews of the obstructed french door cabins, 5 said nothing about noise, 3 said it was quiet, and 2 said there was noise from outside only when the doors were open.

I know this is an old thread but do you remember if it was noisy on this deck?

This class of ship is awesome for the sound proofing.

Case in point- the disco has two floors one of which sits on the same deck as the riveria deck. Standing outside that area-- you hear nothing-- not even the BOOM BOOM of the bass

Sweethart:

I looked over the cabin reviews for Deck 4...

Two very-foreward insides (NEAR LOUNGE) both said quiet.

Two (of six reviews) of aft balconies complained of noise (one from neighbors balconies and one from stewards' closet).

Two said it was quiet, the other two just said it was "convenient".

There were 3 reviews of mid-ship balconies; one said it was quiet and the other two said nothing about noise.

4 of the 5 aft-view balcony reviews mention prop/engine noise, but low person-traffic.

Of 10 reviews of the obstructed french door cabins, 5 said nothing about noise, 3 said it was quiet, and 2 said there was noise from outside only when the doors were open.

Thank you crystalspin

This class of ship is awesome for the sound proofing.

Case in point- the disco has two floors one of which sits on the same deck as the riveria deck. Standing outside that area-- you hear nothing-- not even the BOOM BOOM of the bass

Thank you serene56. That was exactly what I was worried about. [emoji4]

• 6 years later...
On 12/30/2011 at 6:19 PM, crustycrab said:

Just returned from 8 day Carnival Miracle in 4K cat.room 4197. Took it due to the great price. It has floor to ceiling double glass doors that open inward with a lifeboat hanging in front of them. I suppose if you normally book inside you would love being able to see daylight. But I hated the room for we always had balcony or large oceanview on our past 14 cruises. I am too claustraphobic for inside. Perhaps this info will help others choose. It is a good price value.

crustycrab, I was just assigned cabin 4197 by a Carnival PCP who said it was between lifeboats.  It appears that may not be fully accurate.

But i have another question.  Was it noisy from the bar or anything else?  Thanks.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, exit88 said:

crustycrab, I was just assigned cabin 4197 by a Carnival PCP who said it was between lifeboats.  It appears that may not be fully accurate.

But i have another question.  Was it noisy from the bar or anything else?  Thanks.

Crusty crab has not posted since this original post 10.5 years ago.  EM