Day Pass @ Resort

darcien007

We will be in St. Lucia for the day off of a cruise ship. I don't know what to do while here. Don't really want to do a bus/vechicle tour due to bumpy roads etc.

Kind of want to relax at a nice resort/ beach during the day that has lots of things to see in walking distance.

Does anyone have a recomendation of resorts that offer day passes? I know I may be missing out on the Pitons etc. but kind of just want to relax that day.

I just booked a day pass here as we are beach people. I was quoted 60.00 pp for half day which includes lunch and use of resort facilities.

I ended up booking the day pass @95.00 pp from 10 - 6. includes lunch bevreages and use of resort. We want to get an early start at beach and pool.

This came from their reservations dept.:D

From your earlier post on the Day Passes on Resorts in St. Lucia thread. So - are you not planning on Rendezvous anymore - even though you apparently have booked passes?

There are 3 Sandals to choose from where day passes are available, I believe at $100PP. Or you can head to Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay where you can rent chairs and umbrellas for $20US for 2 and there are loads of places to eat and drink.

There are also water tours that take you down to the Pitons and to see the sights without the hour-long drive on mountain roads, if you wanted to see the sights but not have to deal with the roads.

Hello, Yes, we are booked at Rendavouz in St. Lucia. I have up until Sept. to make a final decision. I am still anticipating that we will stay there, just looking at other options. This is a big trip for us so want to make sure we make the right decisiion. The beach at Rodney Bay sounds also interesting as well.

Rendezvous is a great AI resort. A bit quieter than Sandals, it is a great place to just chill out and relax with a few pool games, etc around, but not non-stop fun.

for more actio (and less $$$) head to Reduit Beach. Chairs/Umbrellas are readily available, beach bar and restaurant at Spnnakers with good food and drinks, watersports for hire and lots of shops and bars, etc all in easy walking distance.

Sept is low season here, so tours and excursions will not be crowded and beaches will be pretty empty (not that they are ever very crowded anyways!)

Do also consider some of the water only tour - spencer ambrose has a beach break tour that is by sea both ways down to Jalouise beach between the Pitons and includes lunch and drinks. He also has a snorkeling tour that includes stops at several great snorkel stops along the coast. the beach break would be the best of both worlds - see the coastline and Pitons, beach break time and no bumpy roads or long trip in a van. Just a thought. I think his beach break is around $85US pp - that includes transport, lunch and drinks. Worth checking as I saw on TA you had also inquired about Jalousie Day passes. This would be a much better way to go!

Enjoy your visit.

I also have a question inre day pass , Altho I think I already know the answer. :o We were wondering about spending a few hours at Marigot Bay, it's just so picture perfect. We went on a catamaran several yrs ago and it went into the Bay and out again, have always wondered if possible to spend a day there, if it's doable. How far in taxi and also the price?

Thanks for any help.

Marigot Bay is about 30-40 minutes by taxi from the cruise port. A cab will run you around $35-$40US one way for up to 4 people. there is the Marina village to wander around and have a bite to eat along with a few other restaurants, Chateau Mygo, JJ's and others. there is a small beach - not great for swimming or snorkeling as it is right on the marina, but the sand and setting are pretty. Discovery at Marigot Bay is there, the main hotel, not sure if they do a day pass - but that would only be to use the pool. they have some nice bars and restaurant also - open to the public.

So, very easy to do on your own. You taxi driver would fill you in on info about the bay, etc and stick around for the return trip if you wanted - or Discovery or one of the restaurants would get one for you. Leave yourself plenty of time to return to the port - I would say leave at least 1.5 hours before all aboard - traffic in the city can be messy on cruise days.

Enjoy your visit!

hI . I sent a reply back to you thanking you for your info, which we will talk over, but I see It's not here so it must be floatng around in cyber space. Have to use that excuse as I dont want to admit I'm getting so forgetful and forgot to press the reply button. :D. Thanks again.

• 5 months later...
Rendezvous is a great AI resort. A bit quieter than Sandals, it is a great place to just chill out and relax with a few pool games, etc around, but not non-stop fun.

for more actio (and less $$$) head to Reduit Beach. Chairs/Umbrellas are readily available, beach bar and restaurant at Spnnakers with good food and drinks, watersports for hire and lots of shops and bars, etc all in easy walking distance.

Sept is low season here, so tours and excursions will not be crowded and beaches will be pretty empty (not that they are ever very crowded anyways!)

Do also consider some of the water only tour - spencer ambrose has a beach break tour that is by sea both ways down to Jalouise beach between the Pitons and includes lunch and drinks. He also has a snorkeling tour that includes stops at several great snorkel stops along the coast. the beach break would be the best of both worlds - see the coastline and Pitons, beach break time and no bumpy roads or long trip in a van. Just a thought. I think his beach break is around $85US pp - that includes transport, lunch and drinks. Worth checking as I saw on TA you had also inquired about Jalousie Day passes. This would be a much better way to go!

Enjoy your visit.

I've been reading up on threads about day passes on St. Lucia. Do you have an opinion about the Rendevous day pass vs the Day pass for Ti Kaye Village?

We are just looking for a relaxing beach day from the cruise ship.

Edited by singnrn
mis spelling

I've been reading up on threads about day passes on St. Lucia. Do you have an opinion about the Rendevous day pass vs the Day pass for Ti Kaye Village?

We are just looking for a relaxing beach day from the cruise ship.

Of the two, I would go with Rendezvous as it is both less expensive and so much closer to the port - you will get a lot more beach/resort time with that option. Also - you get to use all the resort facilities - pool, lazy river, etc whereas at Ti Kaye, it is a beach day pass only - beach bar/restaurant, loungers, etc. Not pool or anything else. given that Ti Kaye is about 40 minutes drive and Rendezvous is about a 20 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride - Rendezvous would win hands down - that is at least 1.5 more hours of time to relax and enjoy - and you don't have to worry about traffic on the way back as you can easily walk it in 20 minutes or so.

If snorkeling is a priority, the Ti Kaye is the way to go. No snorkeling at Rendezvous. Otherwise, Rendezvous it is.

Hope that helps - they are both lovely. Enjoy your visit.

Of the two, I would go with Rendezvous as it is both less expensive and so much closer to the port - you will get a lot more beach/resort time with that option. Also - you get to use all the resort facilities - pool, lazy river, etc whereas at Ti Kaye, it is a beach day pass only - beach bar/restaurant, loungers, etc. Not pool or anything else. given that Ti Kaye is about 40 minutes drive and Rendezvous is about a 20 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride - Rendezvous would win hands down - that is at least 1.5 more hours of time to relax and enjoy - and you don't have to worry about traffic on the way back as you can easily walk it in 20 minutes or so.

If snorkeling is a priority, the Ti Kaye is the way to go. No snorkeling at Rendezvous. Otherwise, Rendezvous it is.

Hope that helps - they are both lovely. Enjoy your visit.

We're booked with Ti Kaye for February and they said they provide transportation with the snorkel package. Rather than a 40 minute drive, it is a 20 minute boat ride directly from the port to Ti Kaye and then back.

We were at Rendezvous two weeks ago, and found it just OK. Even though we got there early it wasn't easy finding two beach chairs, drinks were served in small cups and beer wasn't very cold by the time we got it, and the buffet lunch was unimpressive. We had some local older women swimming right by us, which was fine, but had security standing on top of us watching them, which was unpleasant. The beach was just OK, and the little we saw of the pool didn't look inviting. On the plus side: it was very close and the few planes taking off above your head were interesting. All that said - we would likely go back rather than have a long taxi ride to go elsewhere.

• 1 year later...
We're booked with Ti Kaye for February and they said they provide transportation with the snorkel package. Rather than a 40 minute drive, it is a 20 minute boat ride directly from the port to Ti Kaye and then back.

could you please let me know how was it in st lucia ti kea please

we will be on the first of march on the same ship, and i did the rendez vous (was not impress) and Cosol 3 or 4 times....

I was looking for marigo bay but the beach doesnt seems fantastic.

thank you in advance

hope you enjoyed your cruise!

francois

• 3 weeks later...

This facility has been renovated and is everything we were looking for in an all inclusive day pass. We have been to this resort many times over the years and it is quiter than Sandles and more convienent to the port. The price was $65 per person and included drinks, food, beache and pools. One of the pools has a swim up bar that always has a bartender. Another bar near main part of resort, beach service is available. Remember that this is a resort and the guest often stake out the best spots early but stil plenty of chairs and loungers available.

Lunch was resort quality with nice seating areas, though it is buffet there is wine and other beverages served at the table.

If going make a reservation well in advance as day passes are very limited. The resort is only a very short ride from the port and make arrangements for the taxi driver to pick you up at a designated time.

Enjoy,

Hal

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering a resort day on Sunday whilst in St Lucia - possibly Le Sport Bodyholiday resort.

Has anyone experienced this resort and if so how would you rate it? how much is a half day pass and how much would a taxi cost from the port to the resort?

Looking for a short luxury beach break but DH isn't a fan of the beach so would only want around 3 hours.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We are considering a resort day on Sunday whilst in St Lucia - possibly Le Sport Bodyholiday resort.

Has anyone experienced this resort and if so how would you rate it? how much is a half day pass and how much would a taxi cost from the port to the resort?

Looking for a short luxury beach break but DH isn't a fan of the beach so would only want around 3 hours.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Does anyone know how much this resort is and how close to the port it is?

Also Rodney Bay how far us it from the cruise terminal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I wanted to chime in to say that in 2011 my husband and I went to the Rendezvous and were VERY underimpressed. Super quiet and I mean quiet!! Not many Americans there. Drinks were poor and we've been on 10 cruises, visited several islands and this was by far the worst beach/pool bar we've been to; hardly any ice and tasted like soury fruit juices. Beach was okay, but not the beautiful caribbean blue that many islands have. Buffet lunch had many choices that we had no idea what they were by looking at them. Lots of mystery choices. Definitely will not go back again. We're on another Southern cruise this September and are looking at other options - maybe Sandals this time. If anyone has been to more than one of the Sandal's properties - which is the best?

I wanted to chime in to say that in 2011 my husband and I went to the Rendezvous and were VERY underimpressed. Super quiet and I mean quiet!! Not many Americans there. Drinks were poor and we've been on 10 cruises, visited several islands and this was by far the worst beach/pool bar we've been to; hardly any ice and tasted like soury fruit juices. Beach was okay, but not the beautiful caribbean blue that many islands have. Buffet lunch had many choices that we had no idea what they were by looking at them. Lots of mystery choices. Definitely will not go back again. We're on another Southern cruise this September and are looking at other options - maybe Sandals this time. If anyone has been to more than one of the Sandal's properties - which is the best?

I am so glad you posted this. I had originally booked there and started reading about the water color like you are saying. I'm sure some others can chime in on Sandals but I do know they are $100.00 per person and a bit farther from the pier. I ended up booking a boat trip with Benny's Boat Tours. I really researched before I booked him. Not totally all inclusive but local beer, rum punch, local moonshine!! Also includes lunch. If you would like more info just let me know or email me it's below my signature.

Thanks Gracie65! Would love information on the boat tour and how to book. Is there a website?

Here is his web site: http://www.bennytours.com

Here is his email:bennyboattours@gmail.com

I was very impressed how fast he responded he also had great reviews on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147343-d1818910-r198113219-Day_Tripper_Boat_Tours_Private_Tours-Castries_Castries_Quarter_St_Lucia.html

I'm really looking forward to it. I have 14 going. At first I thought everyone would give me flack about a mud bath but everyone wanted to do it. I figured that far into the cruise we would need a little detox!! Lol

We went to the Rex Resort on Rodney Bay/Reduit Beach last week while cruising on the Jewel. We just asked other cruisers who were in line for a taxi where they were all going. It was $20 for 2x chairs & umbrella...no resort fee A bucket of beer was $20 for 7x beers. They did offer a lunch buffet for $26.50/pp but the place was empty. It would have been nice if they just offered a light lunch like a burger or snacks. Last thing we wanted was ANOTHER buffet.

The beach was beautiful and would go there again. There were jetskis rentals & banana boat rides if you wanted to do activities.

We paid $14/pp R/T for a taxi that held 15 people but we all had to decide on what time to get picked up even though we didn't know each other. We couldn't take another cab at another time with the R/T pass that we bought at the ticket booth at the pier. Seemed like an odd rule since they all worked for the same company?

Edited by glendon3281

Here is his web site: www.bennytours.com

Here is his email:bennyboattours@gmail.com

I was very impressed how fast he responded he also had great reviews on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147343-d1818910-r198113219-Day_Tripper_Boat_Tours_Private_Tours-Castries_Castries_Quarter_St_Lucia.html

I'm really looking forward to it. I have 14 going. At first I thought everyone would give me flack about a mud bath but everyone wanted to do it. I figured that far into the cruise we would need a little detox!! Lol

Thanks, we will definitely look into this!