What to do in Nassau from 7-2?

rlstamps

My ship gets in to port at 7:00 and leaves at 2:00. What do we have time to do and that would be worth the $ considering we don't have that many hours here? I was thinking of going to the Melia and staying a few hours and then going shopping for a litle bit. Is the $30 per person worth it for 3 hours or so? Can I walk from the shopping area to the ship? Also, is the bus close to the port and would drop me at the Melia or should we take a taxi?

My ship gets in to port at 7:00 and leaves at 2:00. What do we have time to do and that would be worth the $ considering we don't have that many hours here? I was thinking of going to the Melia and staying a few hours and then going shopping for a litle bit. Is the $30 per person worth it for 3 hours or so? Can I walk from the shopping area to the ship? Also, is the bus close to the port and would drop me at the Melia or should we take a taxi?

Hi. While I can't speak to your questions regarding Melia, I can tell you what we plan to do on a similar schedule - we're doing our own walking tour, heading to the straw market, pirate's museum, Greycliffe and John Watling's Distillery. No tour expense, well traveled area so should be safe (just be aware of your surroundings) and we can head back whenever we want. At least, that's the plan. :)

We will be there from 8-2 in November and with my crew I'll bet we don't make it off the ship before 9. I plan on walking to Junkanoo beach and renting a couple of chairs for an hour or two while the kids play in the sand. Then we'll walk through the straw market and/or stores on the way back. For us it doesn't seem worth the cost of a day pass somewhere for only a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're there 7-2 as well. Decided on a private Segway tour (~2 hrs) within walking distance of ship. Then spending some time at Junkanoo Beach and walking around the port area on our way back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We enjoy the beach at Paradise Island- would spend a few hours at the beach and also walk around the town.

Hi. While I can't speak to your questions regarding Melia, I can tell you what we plan to do on a similar schedule - we're doing our own walking tour, heading to the straw market, pirate's museum, Greycliffe and John Watling's Distillery. No tour expense, well traveled area so should be safe (just be aware of your surroundings) and we can head back whenever we want. At least, that's the plan. :)

Which walking tour are you planning to do? I read a thread that had Frommer's walking tour of Nassau so we plan on doing that plus I want to do the Graycliff Chocolatier tour where you can make your own chocolate treats!

Edited by diwijo13

• 2 months later...
We will be there from 8-2 in November and with my crew I'll bet we don't make it off the ship before 9. I plan on walking to Junkanoo beach and renting a couple of chairs for an hour or two while the kids play in the sand. Then we'll walk through the straw market and/or stores on the way back. For us it doesn't seem worth the cost of a day pass somewhere for only a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going on a 3-day this Friday and this is the exact plan I have in mind. Can you please elaborate how it worked out, that is if you are still reading this board. Thank you.

Helen.

• 5 weeks later...

We were in Nassau last January, and have been many times before but this time I chose to do the taxi (van) tour of the Island and I am really glad we did!! Mario took us to so many interesting sites and beaches , things we never saw before on our many trips to Nassau! He was great , and made us feel very safe! Even got to sample free conch fritters YUM! He took us right back into town to drop us off near a restaurant and to stroll and do some shopping! Very reasonably priced too!! If you would like his contact information just email at megator2@aol.com , I am more then happy to share it!!!