Nieuw Amsterdam Aft Balcony Cabin Question

LewiLewi

We will be on The Nieuw Amsterdam for a TA cruise. We were wondering if anyone has been in an aft balcony cabin on Deck 7 and whether you had any problems with noise or vibrations in this area.

Thank you

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam last April in an aft balcony on deck 5 - 5192right in the center. We loved our cabin, sitting out on sea days watching and listening to the wake. We did notice some vibration, not any noise though. In fact there was noticeable vibration all over the ship, it was especially bad the night we ate in Tamarind. Also on our last morning in the Lido our coffee was sloshing out of the cups on our table.

We were wondering if anyone has been in an aft balcony cabin on Deck 7 and whether you had any problems with noise or vibrations in this area.
Yes, with no complaints. I expect a ship to vibrate, so I very seldom notice whether or not there is any in a particular cabin. Like all cabins in similar places on ships, there will occasionally be stuff landing on the balcony from the open decks above, but that just goes with the territory.

We will be on The Nieuw Amsterdam for a TA cruise. We were wondering if anyone has been in an aft balcony cabin on Deck 7 and whether you had any problems with noise or vibrations in this area.

Thank you

Last fall, we were in 4178 on the stern - Nieuw Amsterdam Med and TA. Never noticed any vibes.

We were on Deck 7 on the NA, and heard little to no noise from the decks above us.

We started our cruises staying Aft because of the larger verandahs and the views, and never noticed any vibrations - UNTIL WE MOVED TOWARDS THE CENTER OF THE SHIP.

We couldn't believe the differences. It wasn't enough to stop us from returning to the Aft, but there is a difference.

You'll love it, especially if you have nothing to compare it to (in my opinion)

Have fun!

We were on Deck 7 on the NA, and heard little to no noise from the decks above us.

We started our cruises staying Aft because of the larger verandahs and the views, and never noticed any vibrations - UNTIL WE MOVED TOWARDS THE CENTER OF THE SHIP.

We couldn't believe the differences. It wasn't enough to stop us from returning to the Aft, but there is a difference.

You'll love it, especially if you have nothing to compare it to (in my opinion)

Have fun!

Kevin!!!!! How are you? Haven't seen you for ages. Is everything OK?

Edited by innlady1

Kevin!!!!! How are you? Haven't seen you for ages. Is everything OK?

HAHA!!! Hello, Sheila!!!

Yes, everything is great! I got a message from a great "CC-Friend" the other day and I realized I hadn't visited here in a long time!!! Busy with work!!!

I really missed everyone and plan to stick around for long time!!!

So nice of you to reach out like this!!!!!