Sorry - drinks package list ?

soloadventurer

I believe that ships with the Cellars Wine Bar may have champagne by the glass. Also Le Bistro is able to serve Veuve Clicquot by the glass. But you have to pay the full price if you want the $15 UBP credit. (I haven't tried this at Le Bistro.)

I believe that ships with the Cellars Wine Bar may have champagne by the glass. Also Le Bistro is able to serve Veuve Clicquot by the glass. But you have to pay the full price if you want the $15 UBP credit. (I haven't tried this at Le Bistro.)

Sorry, just to clarify, are you saying that it is covered by the UBP in Le Bistro, but costs more than $15, so the amount over that is payable?

For some reason I thought it was excluded from the UBP totally. My wife usually drinks Prosecco onboard, and I drag her to Le Bistro sometimes which she isn't a big fan of. If I can get her champagne for a small extra cost then she may enjoy the visits there a bit more in future. :)

You don't happen to know the per glass price do you?

On some Le Bistro menus, they list Veuve Clicquot small glass and full glass, but both are promotional prices and they won't let you order them with the UBP. Some only list the small taster glass. You have to specifically ask them to be charged the normal price for a normal glass, and then the UBP credit should apply. But they may be unable or unwilling to do this.

The most recent mention I've seen of pricing is here, but it isn't very precise. It was $22.95 in 2015.

My experience:

Escape, Jan 2016 Veuve in Le Bistro was about $22.00. They would not give me the UBP $15.00 credit

Escape, February 2017 in Le Bistro, $22.00 glass and they did give me credit for the $15.00

Both cruises it was available by the glass @ Mondavi Wine Bar for $23.00 and I don't know what their credit policy was because I didn't order.

I could be off by a dollar or two on the above prices. These were full glasses...I don't recall seeing anything about small (I probably ignored that part :-)

I have not seen any other champagne by the glass in about 4 years. This would include Pearl, Escape and Epic. I have taken champagne on board twice with a champagne bottle stopper. One time I had O'Sheehan's keep a bottle for me; they were very accommodating.

If she's a coffee drinker, they have the best coffee on the ship, IMO. It's french pressed, but is much better than other french pressed on the ship.

Sorry, just to clarify, are you saying that it is covered by the UBP in Le Bistro, but costs more than $15, so the amount over that is payable?

For some reason I thought it was excluded from the UBP totally. My wife usually drinks Prosecco onboard, and I drag her to Le Bistro sometimes which she isn't a big fan of. If I can get her champagne for a small extra cost then she may enjoy the visits there a bit more in future. :)

You don't happen to know the per glass price do you?

They had both Veuve and Moet at the champagne bar on the Jewel last year. They were around the $23 a glass as well and you could get the $15 credit for the beverage package and just pay the extra +18% gratuity. They should have at least one prosecco available by the glass on any ship.

In the ultimate drinks package are champagne & prosecco included ?

Some type of sparkling wine is included, and it is available at all of the bars. If you are a latitudes member you will have a bottle in your cabin at embarkation.