Travel ID REquirements Port of Seattle Celebrity Cruises . Alaska Closed Loop

Nexus .. Just had a long conversation with several cruise Line Agents at their 1-800 number on the Canadian X website the last purporting to be the supervisor.

Purpose was to ascertain for sure what I need to board a X ship in Seattle to go to Alaska and back to Seattle with a stop of course in Canada (Im a citizen of Canada)

Several things were mentioned one of them being completely incorrect so I will not mention it. One more is iffy so I won't mention it either.

First lady had not heard of Nexus as being in the "Trusted Traveler Program"

Both kept on saying I needed a passport. Finally got the 2nd lady to amend her thinking to Birth Certificate and Government ID. (Drivers Lic.) and admit to knowing about nexus.

I'm still not happy cause neither one liked the idea of Nexus which is just really confusing and I'm sure not going to travel with her final recommendation. Anyways.......

Does anyone have a number or contact person with the Cruise Line or Captains Club (if they actually exist anymore other than for benefits and points)

MY Travel Partner's Passport has expired but has Nexus. Which is good enough to fly from Designated airports also.

X's website clearly links to home lands WHTI site as copied in previous post, which clearly shows Nexus.

https://www.dhs.gov/western-hemisphere-travel-initiative

The other thing in play here is the fact that we board in the USA which means we would have crossed the border of the Country the ship is leaving from already. Before I receive advice that my partner should get a passport as it's best. We know that.

It's just that budgets are tight for some folks and that is in play here. Thanks.

going to Post this is the AK/Celebrity Forums also

Thks to both.

But I have no issues with understanding what the countries involved want. It's the Cruise line ...

In this case Celebrity. I'm looking for a good contact..

Direct from the Celebrity website with live links!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq460

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thks to both.

But I have no issues with understanding what the countries involved want. It's the Cruise line ...

In this case Celebrity. I'm looking for a good contact..

Make sure you come back and let us know how this works in the real world. It will be interesting to find out. I hope it works out for your friend.

Just to cover myself when I travel with my grandkids: first I have my US passport, my Canadian passport, my Global Entry card, my Nexus card, my passport card. For my grandkids I have their passports, a letter from both parents notarized along with the copy page of their passport showing their signature. I don't want to be crossing the border or entering the country from a cruise and have them need to get in touch with the kid's parents. My son gives me the letter and the insurance into. My daughter gives me a 2 inch stack of papers. There is no way she wants those kids not staying on vacation with me. That would interrupt HER vacation.

Last year I told her I would take the kids over Spring Break. Parents work so this way they wouldn't have to pay for child care. So we decided to take them on a cruise. Come to find out they had booked a flight a few short hours after our cruise to go to Hawaii to have their own vacation LOL. Oh well, my DD needed the break and it is always great to have some mom and dad alone time.

While I know passports are expensive in the "hit" cost but overall they really are only around $10 a year. Since my kids were 7 they have had passports. Their children have had them since they were born. I tell them, you never know when I might want to go on a cruise and take the grandkids.

Nexus .. Just had a long conversation with several cruise Line Agents at their 1-800 number on the Canadian X website the last purporting to be the supervisor.

Purpose was to ascertain for sure what I need to board a X ship in Seattle to go to Alaska and back to Seattle with a stop of course in Canada (Im a citizen of Canada)

Several things were mentioned one of them being completely incorrect so I will not mention it. One more is iffy so I won't mention it either.

First lady had not heard of Nexus as being in the "Trusted Traveler Program"

Both kept on saying I needed a passport. Finally got the 2nd lady to amend her thinking to Birth Certificate and Government ID. (Drivers Lic.) and admit to knowing about nexus.

I'm still not happy cause neither one liked the idea of Nexus which is just really confusing and I'm sure not going to travel with her final recommendation. Anyways.......

Does anyone have a number or contact person with the Cruise Line or Captains Club (if they actually exist anymore other than for benefits and points)

MY Travel Partner's Passport has expired but has Nexus. Which is good enough to fly from Designated airports also.

X's website clearly links to home lands WHTI site as copied in previous post, which clearly shows Nexus.

https://www.dhs.gov/western-hemisphere-travel-initiative

The other thing in play here is the fact that we board in the USA which means we would have crossed the border of the Country the ship is leaving from already. Before I receive advice that my partner should get a passport as it's best. We know that.

It's just that budgets are tight for some folks and that is in play here. Thanks.

going to Post this is the AK/Celebrity Forums also

Chris Elliot has cruiseline contacts on his consumer advocacy website. Here is the link to celebrity's contacts.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/celebrity-cruises/

I would send an email to the executive contact and get a definitive answer in writing.

Direct from the Celebrity website with live links!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq460

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thks

I have read that before and again. I quote a section below which leads me to require clarification from the Line from some one in authority.

Sea Travel (for U.S. and Canadian citizens only)

For voyages that begin and end in the same U.S. Port, U.S. citizens may travel with both a Government-issued birth certificate** and Government-issued picture ID card, such as a driver's license.

Seems pretty clear until you read this just below..

Sea Travel (Non U.S. Citizens)

You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.

Would you book a cruise and travel without a passport based on this ? Still looking for contact info thankyou.

Anyone?

Nexus is OK for border crossings. If you have to fly back or take the Skagway excursion into Canada . You'll not be able to use nexus to fly home from the US.

That's simply not correct. Of course you can use Nexus to enter Canada from the US (or elsewhere) by air if you are a Canadian or US citizen.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/air-aerien-eng.html

That's simply not correct. Of course you can use Nexus to enter Canada from the US (or elsewhere) by air if you are a Canadian or US citizen.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/air-aerien-eng.html

You must however be at an airport that has the nexus function available.

This Ak trip doesn't go into Ak any further north than BC on the panhandle. So no real issues ..I could almost walk home. Lol.

Still looking for someone with an idea of who can be contacted other than X 1-800. To clarify

Thks

You must however be at an airport that has the nexus function available.

This Ak trip doesn't go into Ak any further north than BC on the panhandle. So no real issues ..I could almost walk home. Lol.

Still looking for someone with an idea of who can be contacted other than X 1-800. To clarify

Thks

You can use a NEXUS card for entry in a non-NEXUS lane where NEXUS kiosks aren't available. You simply won't receive the expedited entry that the NEXUS kiosk offers.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/faq-eng.html

Chris Elliot has cruiseline contacts on his consumer advocacy website. Here is the link to celebrity's contacts.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/celebrity-cruises/

I would send an email to the executive contact and get a definitive answer in writing.

Thanks I missed this in the other posts.