Celebration Repo May 7th now from £608 for 14 nights!!!

I have heard that today the Birmingham flight to Malaga has been cancelled and passengers are having to travel from another airport.....Doncaster/Sheffield!!!! Astonishing.

That is us. E-mail today says instead of 13.55 from Birmingham, we are now 07.00 from Doncaster due to plane change that has resulted in a reduction in capacity. We can get full refund and book another cruise and they won't charge us a change of booking fee. We have spotted this Cardiff one (train takes us to nearby station and price includes bus to airport) and have to check what will happen with our intercruise booking but will be at TA in the morning.

That is us. E-mail today says instead of 13.55 from Birmingham, we are now 07.00 from Doncaster due to plane change that has resulted in a reduction in capacity. We can get full refund and book another cruise and they won't charge us a change of booking fee. We have spotted this Cardiff one (train takes us to nearby station and price includes bus to airport) and have to check what will happen with our intercruise booking but will be at TA in the morning.

Does that mean that you have been 'bumped off' the original plane from Birmingham because they have put a smaller plane on? Or, that the flight has been cancelled?

Hope you're lucky Gill.

I've just looked though and it's a 6am flight so you may need to stay overnight.

I wonder if they have enough space on the Doncaster flight............it's unusual for Thomsons to offer refunds!

Does that mean that you have been 'bumped off' the original plane from Birmingham because they have put a smaller plane on? Or, that the flight has been cancelled?

Another question for TA tomorrow. We paid for seats in February and chose them, then at the end of last month TA asked if we wanted to book seats and had to ring to find out why the plane diagram was not showing seats to be told that plane had probably changed and they should ring daily to check, which they have been doing for the last 3 weeks!! Now we know why our seats couldn't be found.

I have heard that today the Birmingham flight to Malaga has been cancelled and passengers are having to travel from another airport.....Doncaster/Sheffield!!!! Astonishing.

Just printed off our passes for 27th from Birmingham to Malaga(y) must admit I was a little concerned when I read this post as Thomson are doing this more often of late, they already have done it for our September cruise but we have only moved from Birmingham to East Mids so not too bad. Do they offer transport costs?

Before going to TA I checked flights o this cruse. x means cruise not available. Manchester £672, Birmingham x,East Midlands x,Bristol x, Cardiff £608, Doncaster £644, Leeds x, Liverpool £1019, Newcastle £699, Gatwick £688.

Went to TA and they said that the only flight on this cruise available was the Doncaster one, so we said we would cancel and consider what we wanted to do. They rang up to arrange cancellation and said we ould go from East Midlands for £2027. Not available from there an hour ago says I. Hmmm. We cancelled. Shame but there you go.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/info/summer-2017-cruises?cmid=57896225&ecamp=c&ito=ecrmn3017485

(With apologies those already booked on Hidden Treasures of Europe.)

Would book it ourselves but giving Cruise & Maritime a try on May 20th so no can do.

We were thinking of booking Cruise & Maritime as they sail from Scottish ports. Much more convenient for us. Would appreciate your honest opinion of the ship and how it compares with Thomson re. cabins, food, entertainment etc. on your return. Have a great time.

This cruise has been very slow to sell. Lots of cabins in every category were still available until a few days ago. Maybe due to the fact that the date in the brochure for this cruise is 21st. May.

Feel sorry for people who booked early and paid full price and for those now having to change airports at short notice.

Thomson don't seem to care about their customers the way they used to. They know there will always be new cruisers and those new to cruising seem to be the only ones who are really happy at the moment as they have nothing to compare with. Long time Thomson cruisers know better and are all to aware that the changes over the past few years are not for the better.

Before going to TA I checked flights o this cruse. x means cruise not available. Manchester £672, Birmingham x,East Midlands x,Bristol x, Cardiff £608, Doncaster £644, Leeds x, Liverpool £1019, Newcastle £699, Gatwick £688.

Went to TA and they said that the only flight on this cruise available was the Doncaster one, so we said we would cancel and consider what we wanted to do. They rang up to arrange cancellation and said we ould go from East Midlands for £2027. Not available from there an hour ago says I. Hmmm. We cancelled. Shame but there you go.

I think you have been treated really badly. You should have been able to move to the airport of your choice for free at least, including transfers.

When I looked at this last night the only airport available was Cardiff.

I could only get Cardiff, no alternatives.

Maybe it was late, I can't remember but sometimes the site doesn't work very well after 12am. Or it could be what my son always says to me "user error":D.

This isn't the one you are on, is it?

We did consider Cardiff, but TA said it wasn't available, only Doncaster despite the list I had taken before going out to the TA. When she rang them, they found East Midlands which was not available when I looked. Maybe it depends where your data signal comes from as to what airports come up when you look!!!!

Cadiff has trains from Birmingham which change there and a train to a station near the airport and includes a bus to the airport, but intercruises would take us bak to Cardiff from Newcastle at the end which would be a nightmare trying to get home again. We are back there tomorrow to get our money back, and may just ask what is available for those dates to anywhere.

I sometimes wonder if they are operating a social control program. Some years ago you could not get normal cabins with flights from Newcastle but suites were still available. Obviously they had reached the quota of ordinary geordies and only wanted Darras Hall types. (Darras Hall = posh housing estate) ;)

I was interested at that price but work prevents. I just checked this morning and find:

Manchester £672

Doncaster £644

Cardiff £608

Gatwick £608

All for outside cabin, no insides available. I'd bet that shortly, insides will be available proving once again that offers and prices are manipulated regularly.

We did consider Cardiff, but TA said it wasn't available, only Doncaster despite the list I had taken before going out to the TA. When she rang them, they found East Midlands which was not available when I looked. Maybe it depends where your data signal comes from as to what airports come up when you look!!!!

Cadiff has trains from Birmingham which change there and a train to a station near the airport and includes a bus to the airport, but intercruises would take us bak to Cardiff from Newcastle at the end which would be a nightmare trying to get home again. We are back there tomorrow to get our money back, and may just ask what is available for those dates to anywhere.

There is an afternoon flight from Newcastle. So you would have time to get there. Then you could be asked to be put on the coach back to Birmingham as it would be going there anyway. It should be the least they could do. I would phone Thomson direct and ask, as TA doesn't seem to be putting herself out at all.

Do they still do the 'hurry, only a few cabins left' scam? Of course there are more cabins left but by releasing only a few at a time they hope to panic people into booking. Not only Thomson do it.

Haven't seen that for a long time Dave. Think they realised we weren't taken in that easily.

We were thinking of booking Cruise & Maritime as they sail from Scottish ports. Much more convenient for us. Would appreciate your honest opinion of the ship and how it compares with Thomson re. cabins, food, entertainment etc. on your return. Have a great time.

Will do Nancy. Several of our friends have been on Magellan and no complaints.

Also, Saga promote them, as well as Fred's cruises, so must be up to their standards. We actually booked through Saga for the included insurance and transport to and from the port.

Malc.

I could only get Cardiff, no alternatives.

Maybe it was late, I can't remember but sometimes the site doesn't work very well after 12am. Or it could be what my son always says to me "user error":D.

This isn't the one you are on, is it?

Are you replying to me V? I'm on the return repos from Newcastle to Malaga in September. Hubbies choice. The site is difficult to navigate but there are still Newcastle flights.

I sometimes wonder if they are operating a social control program. Some years ago you could not get normal cabins with flights from Newcastle but suites were still available. Obviously they had reached the quota of ordinary geordies and only wanted Darras Hall types. (Darras Hall = posh housing estate) ;)

Haha, Dave. Wonder what quota I come in. :'):o

Are you replying to me V? I'm on the return repos from Newcastle to Malaga in September. Hubbies choice. The site is difficult to navigate but there are still Newcastle flights.

Yes, I was. I thought you were going in September.

I got access no bother yesterday so think it was acting up on Thursday night. Or it could be Dave's social engineering!:eek: