Book room at Comfort Suites in Bahamas for entry to Atlantis Waterpark?

din2play2

I have a few questions regarding booking a room at Comfort Suites in Bahamas. I will be Cursing on Gem in April 2015 and was wondering if anyone had gotten a room at Comfort Suites in Bahamas for the entry into Atlantis Waterpark. My questions are:

1) Was it difficult to get transportation to Comfort Suites?

2) Approximately how much was transportation to the Suites?

3) How was the check-in /check-out process?

4) Is it a far walk from the Suites to the Waterpark?

5) How was your experience doing this?

6) Would you recommend going this route or should we go another way maybe through Majestic Tours?

I think NCL's excursion for this is overpriced but if it will be too much of a hassle to get a room or go thru Majestic - then we will go with NCL

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am so confused as to what to do :eek:

Edited by din2play2

I disagree with the above poster. I think it depends on perhaps the date?

The Atlantis excursion for our cruise is $436.00 total for all 4 of us. I thought the hotel was a better deal but their rate is:

Sub Total

** Estimated Taxes and/or other charges

Estimated Total:

$314.00

$104.70

$418.70

Factor in cab fare about 6 bucks each way and that's not a savings at all. It's about the same.

We went to Atlantis last year on the Epic and we had no problem getting there and back. In fact, we actually had a great experience on this excursion and I expect that this year as well. So, I guess we'll be sticking to the NCL excursion.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

The Atlantis excursion for our cruise is $436.00 total for all 4 of us. I thought the hotel was a better deal but their rate is:

Sub Total

Estimated Total:

$314.00

$104.70

$418.70

Factor in cab fare about 6 bucks each way and that's not a savings at all. It's about the same.

We went to Atlantis last year on the Epic and we had no problem getting there and back. In fact, we actually had a great experience on this excursion and I expect that this year as well. So, I guess we'll be sticking to the NCL excursion.

I will be leaving next Saturday, looked into this option and came out with same conclusion. Once you factor in transportation, I'd only be saving a few bucks. I'd rather pay those few extra dollars to know NCL will back me in case of an itinerary change, ( hey, it's hurricane season. Stuff happens) or a mechanical issue with a bus, etc. peace of mind is worth it.

I know rates vary, but unfortunately, this option doesn't really help a family of 4 for my sailing. It's with a look, though.

Edited by AEckhardt

I understand both sides of this type of scenario, and "Stuff Does Happen" , we were in a mini van bus tour (6-8 people total including driver) at Atlantis when my son's father who was sitting in the very back seats started producing a funny smell & smoke from between his legs!!!!!!!!!! No.......not that.......... the vans battery had tipped over and started to catch fire, The side doors opened & I never seen so many people scurry out of a van so quickly!!!!! Looking back, my son & I now laugh, but we did have to wait for another taxi. Far as I know "Murphy's Law" is still out there. Have a great time whatever you chose to do!!!!!!!

Sub Total

Estimated Total:

$314.00

$104.70

$418.70

Why was your so much cheaper? Our excursion to there is $159 pp X 3 = $477.00. Difference of $50.00 pp

Edited by din2play2

It all depends on when you go. Comfort Suites "can" be cheaper, depending upon the size of your party,how far in advance you book, and the time of year. We did this option once, after pricing out every option (cruise excursion, buying directly from Atlantis, 3rd party vendor...)

There isn't an option that is always the best option. On our last cruise, NCL's excursion was the cheapest option (around $99 pp because in was off season). During peak season, the cruise line excursion will be high, comfort suite rates will probably be high, Atlantis might not be selling passes. In that scenario, a 3rd party vendor might be the best option, if they even have them.

You have to do your homework, since prices fluctuate. Someone made a good point regarding the cancellation policy at comfort suites - that is always a risk.

It depends on the time of year. The Atlantis excursion priced through NCL for next weeks sailing is $124 per adult.

This. We are sailing October 2014 and ours may be cheaper than other sailings. I will say they must have recently reduced it though because I saw it previously and it was higher at one point.

It all depends on when you go. Comfort Suites "can" be cheaper, depending upon the size of your party,how far in advance you book, and the time of year. We did this option once, after pricing out every option (cruise excursion, buying directly from Atlantis, 3rd party vendor...)

There isn't an option that is always the best option. On our last cruise, NCL's excursion was the cheapest option (around $99 pp because in was off season). During peak season, the cruise line excursion will be high, comfort suite rates will probably be high, Atlantis might not be selling passes. In that scenario, a 3rd party vendor might be the best option, if they even have them.

You have to do your homework, since prices fluctuate. Someone made a good point regarding the cancellation policy at comfort suites - that is always a risk.

Agreed. It pays to check all available options.

Doesn't the screw other people over who are looking to book a room at the comfort Inn? It shows they are booked but it's actually a phantom booking.

What? Its a real booking - you pay the same amount as if you were staying in the room. Comfort Suites has been doing this forever - definitely in their financial best interest.

So what? If someone is willing to pay the same amount as a person who wants to stay there, they are entitled to. The hotel doesn't care if you sleep there. If it's booked, it's booked. The person who wants to sleep there certainly doesn't come ahead if the person who already paid for it, even if they just want to use the waterpark.

That said, comfort suites usually has a 2+ night minimum during busy times.

TY all for responding.

It's cheaper by $120.00 to book room in suites but my main concern is if were a hassle to go this way or should I go another way - less hassle/worry.

As for being a hassle, it wasn't. Grabbed a cab, checked in, walked over to Atlantis and got wristbands.

TY all for responding.

It's cheaper by $120.00 to book room in suites but my main concern is if were a hassle to go this way or should I go another way - less hassle/worry.

Is that with the taxes they assess when you hit the book/next button?

Edited by cruisecritiquer

We have done this more than 5 times. It's always cheaper than a shore ex and we always have a longer stay at the Atlantis! No bus ride. No waiting. Easy to do by taking a cab to the hotel. Taxi was not expensive- not sure- maybe $15? Quick check in (never actually got a room) Quick walk to the Atlantis from the Comfort inn. You actually can walk through the hotel and go through the back door exit and you see the Atlantis entry.

Free wifi in the hotel lobby at comfort inn so that is very nice if you want to check your email etc.

The only downside at all is that you need to do careful math on the cost of the comfort inn for the number if people you are booking. Even if you don't use the room you are charged all kinds of crazy fees- like cleaning fee, electric fee etc... It's still always ended up a bargain and no hassle- for 4 people- but not a deal if my daughter doesn't have a friend and we are arriving late in Nassau- like 1 pm. In those instances we decide to do something else- not Atlantis- in Nassau.

Comfort suites can be much cheaper if you are booking at least 8-9 months before your cruise. We cruise in Nov but booked in Feb and got a rate of 149.00. So even with the taxes our party of 4 is going with full day passes for 203.00 total. Just a note that my original booking was 209.00 and I started randomly checking the prices every few days. I ended up finding the cheaper one about mid March so booked it and cancelled the original one. It does pay to book ahead and to keep checking until you see prices start to rise.