Regent is a large step down from Oceania

PY33

We first met Franck in 2005 on Radisson before it became Regent. At the time I think he was Assistant F & B manager.

And we first met Franck in 2006 on the Voyager, Trans-Atlantic from Rome to FLL. In those days that was Radisson. He was then (also) Asst F&B Manager. I seriously doubt he started his career on Oceania. But someone could ask him. He, Louise Ross (Social Hostess), Ken and I had dinner one evening...:)

He was GM on our last Regent cruise - TA from FLL to Barcelona in 2012.

We met Franck when on the Mariner in 2008 when he was F&B Manager. It has been a couple of years since we sailed with him but, according to a post on another thread, he will be onboard the Mariner when we board on April 2nd. Really looking forward to seeing him again.

And we first met Franck in 2006 on the Voyager, Trans-Atlantic from Rome to FLL. In those days that was Radisson. He was then (also) Asst F&B Manager. I seriously doubt he started his career on Oceania. But someone could ask him. He, Louise Ross (Social Hostess), Ken and I had dinner one evening...:)

We met Louise in 2006 on Mariner, love her. She just had a baby boy 3 days ago "Archie". Her cruising days are over, she's so happy to be a Mom.

Seriously please go back and read my post...prior to our cruise in Dec/New Years that year, Franck was working over at Oceania. It was his first stint as a "GM" at Regent. I never claimed he had never been at Regent before so having to debate this two years after my first post is simply silly

Edited by tallship

Forgap, I agree with your comments. We have taken maybe 8 cruises with Regent (all three ships) and have never experienced what some cruisers write about. I always feel like they (or us) have been on a different cruise line. We took our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera this past January. It was OK. In my opinion Regent is two steps above Oceania. First of all the cabin(concierge level) was small. The closet was not walk-in and next to the bed making it hard to get clothes out. The shower was small (I'm 5'2 and 106 lbs) even for me. I thought the food in Jacques was superior to Signatures while the other specialty restaurants were good but nothing to be ecstatic about. I didn't care for food in main dining room and hate it having to give my card every time I wanted a drink. That said, I thought the cruise was fine not exceptional and I wouldn't complain about it. As you said, I think there are too many nickpickers on this forum. Regent is not perfect. Neither is Oceania or any other cruise line. Sometimes, things happen. Maybe some people build their expectations too high or I'm easy to please. Regardless, we like Regent and will continue to cruise with them until they get so expensive we can't afford them.

Could be but his first cruise in a GM position with Regent was when he came over from Oceania in Dec 2009

T - this, I agree, is a specious argument... there is no reason why Franck could not have been with Radisson/Regent in 2006 and 2007 as at least two of us remember clearly and then gone off to work at Oceania even if PCH was not in the picture at that time. I am not disputing what you say above - his first GM position was in 2009. If you say so, I am sure it was. But I do know for a fact that Ken and I had dinner with him, as F&B Manager, on our 2006 TA Rome to FLL on the Voyager...

People move around. And why not?

We have taken two Regent cruises (one on Voyager and one on Navigator) and have booked an upcoming cruise on Voyager. We have never been sick and we have had wonderful times on both ships. We are not neatniks although we do use hand sanitizer and, of course, wash our hands thoroughly with soap and water.

We don't require PERFECTION nor do we require that we make life long friends nor do we require that staff address us by name. We like each other's company and a certain level of anonymity.

I'm not sure what's up with this forum, but the level of complaints and nitpicking is a bit much. Some are valid, for sure, but life is way too short to enter an experience primed for disappointment.

We have taken other cruise lines (Celebrity and Norwegion) and were so spoiled by Regent that we cant't look back, We are booked on an Oceania cruise later in the year because the dates and itinerary met our needs but I am already spoiled by the all inclusive. By the way, many posters here also post on the Oceania forum but, for some reason, it a lot less adversarial!

You are certainly like the majority of people who cruise on regent, but regrettably not like the majority of people who post here.

I don't post her very much because its the same arguments over and over and over and over. Very circular.

There are some great people I have met on Regent Cruises and even keep in touch with a couple of them.

I have sailed on Regent and Oceania and I like both cruise lines very much. Every passenger is different in their expectations and experiences. What I like, you may not and vise versa. Thankfully I do not have to choose one cruise line and we should all be thankful that we are able to live a life that allows us to travel and see the world and experience other cultures. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Like all of you, I make my decisions based on MY experiences and MY expectations and my wallet :)