First time time to Rome.

aggiemom11

We were in Rome two years ago and are going back in 40 days.....woo hoo!

Our first time we used Romeinlimo and our driver was Gabriele. He now has his own company called thisisitaly. We have booked him every day for 6 days on this upcoming trip. He is also meeting us in Naples and giving us our tour there too. Needless to say, we love him.

This is the link to his all day tour of Rome. http://www.thisisitaly.net/Rome_Full_Day.html He will pick you up from the port or hotel and then drop you back to where ever you want.

What do you want to do? Do you want to do a "National Lampoon European Vacation" quickie, taking about 20 minutes at every site? Do you want to pick maybe 2-3 large "must sees" and then spend time soaking up Roman culture with some good food, wine, gelato?

Big choices. Tell us a little more of what your interests are...

we're interested in a "best of Rome" too and don't want to hijack the thread, but am interested in responses. I've lived in Italy but my husband's never been, so for Rome we're looking for a tour that includes inside the Vatican and inside Colisseum at a minimum.

Have looked at RIL and Joe B's sites, but am very interested in hearing others' experience with other companies. I've seen other names on trip advisor for example, but don't see them mentioned on CC which I think is odd.

grazie!

I want to see the Vatican and the coliseum for sure. I am leaning toward taking a group tour in a van , similar to Rome In A Limo. Yes, I know there are more relaxing ways, but, I want to just get a feel of Rome. Hopefully we will get to go back another time and enjoy it again, at a slower pace.