NEED HELP IN SEATTLE-advice needed

LUV THE SEA

Just booked last minute cruise out of Seattle- I have a reservation at the Warwick and the Sheraton- does anyone out there know which one is better- for 8/4-8/6

Also have to decide for 7/28 between Best WEstern Pioneer or Comfort Inn near space needle

HELP PLEASE!!!

I would check some other review sites to see what people think of the hotels that you are looking at. Both are good locations in the downtown Seattle area.

As for your hotel selection on 7/28 you should know that is the night of the Seattle Torchlight Parade which travels along 4th Avenue from the Seattle Center ending up near Qwest Field in Pioneer Square. So both hotels that evening will have lots of walking traffic. If you don't have plans for that night I would recommend going to it, it is the largest parade the Seattle area has. It starts at 7:30 pm.

The Comfort Suites is about 3 blocks from the starting area of the parade and the Best Western is in the area where the parade ends. Once again check out reviews on other travel sites.

I would check some other review sites to see what people think of the hotels that you are looking at. Both are good locations in the downtown Seattle area.

As for your hotel selection on 7/28 you should know that is the night of the Seattle Torchlight Parade which travels along 4th Avenue from the Seattle Center ending up near Qwest Field in Pioneer Square. So both hotels that evening will have lots of walking traffic. If you don't have plans for that night I would recommend going to it, it is the largest parade the Seattle area has. It starts at 7:30 pm.

The Comfort Suites is about 3 blocks from the starting area of the parade and the Best Western is in the area where the parade ends. Once again check out reviews on other travel sites.

Thank you sooo much I could not figure out why nearly all of the hotels were booked solid I did know there was a baseball game but I had no idea of the parade- I think we will be saying at he BW Pioneer -where the poparade ends-It seems to be closer and we can visti that area -and then on the return we will sty closer to Pike Market area.

Can ou tell me whaat is the parade for???

That is too bad you will miss the parade, it is for our summer celebration called Seafair. It has been around for half a century (according to the www.seafair.com website). They have lots of community events and the big events are the Torchlight Parade, the hydroplane races on Lake Washington, the Navy fleet sails in and the Blue Angels perform during a break at the hydroplane races. Looks like you will be back in the city for that, if you have never seen the Blue Angels perform I would highly recommend taking a bus over to the Lake Washington area and watching them. If you are interested I can give you the directions, I don't think you would be disappointed, hopefully our good weather will continue.:p

The Hydro races and Blue Angles are the following weekend. They were the same weekend years ago but they moved the dates of the Torchlight Parade. The boats have always raced the first Sunday in August.

In Luv The Sea's post they will be in the Seattle area on 7/28 and then again on 8/4-8/6. The races this year are on 8/5/07 according to the Seafair website.

If you catch the #27 to Colman Park at the corner of 3rd & Union (about a 6 block walk from the Sheraton) goes South. So that would be on the West side of the street (you will be in front of Benaroya Hall). There is a bus that departs at 10:00 am and you would stay on the bus to the last stop or you could get off in the Leshi area. Ask the bus driver when you get on if the last stop is near steps up to the I-90 Bridge. That is in my opinion the best place to watch the Blue Angels. They will close the bridge down and you will be able to walk onto the bridge and they will buzz right over you, it is something if you have never seen it. The show starts at about 11:30 so I would make sure you are on the 10am bus. Bus fare is $1.25 and you will pay when you get off of the bus (you need exact change as the buses drivers do not make change). Also ask for a transfer they are usually good for a couple of hours. There should be a bus stop across the street from where you get off, again check with the bus driver and you would catch the 27 back to downtown Seattle. They leave about every hour.

Here is the link to the Metro Transit web site to the information on Route 27

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s027_2_.html

and here is to Metro Transit

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Hopefully the weather will be sunny that weekend.

Hi,

Do you know what time the Blue Angels perform on 8/4? Thanks for any information.

I believe that the showtime will be the same on the 4th and the 5th, about 11:30.

Viewing it from I-90 is a good idea. They may make some adjustments of the bus route for that week end so be sure to ask the bus driver. I watched the show from Leschi for many years. They make a couple low passes over the bridge. That is one of the reasons the bridge is closed to traffic during the show.

If you catch the #27 to Colman Park at the corner of 3rd & Union (about a 6 block walk from the Sheraton) goes South. So that would be on the West side of the street (you will be in front of Benaroya Hall). There is a bus that departs at 10:00 am and you would stay on the bus to the last stop or you could get off in the Leshi area. Ask the bus driver when you get on if the last stop is near steps up to the I-90 Bridge. That is in my opinion the best place to watch the Blue Angels. They will close the bridge down and you will be able to walk onto the bridge and they will buzz right over you, it is something if you have never seen it. The show starts at about 11:30 so I would make sure you are on the 10am bus. Bus fare is $1.25 and you will pay when you get off of the bus (you need exact change as the buses drivers do not make change). Also ask for a transfer they are usually good for a couple of hours. There should be a bus stop across the street from where you get off, again check with the bus driver and you would catch the 27 back to downtown Seattle. They leave about every hour.

Here is the link to the Metro Transit web site to the information on Route 27

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s027_2_.html

and here is to Metro Transit

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Hopefully the weather will be sunny that weekend.

Thank you so much for this info-I have printed it and already have packed it with my docs-Haven't been in Seattle for 20 years-I can't wait to see it again-I fell in love with it then and I am sure I will love it once again rain or shine!!!

The Blue Angels performance is at 1:20 all 3 days (Aug. 3-5).

1:20 - 1:30 Fat Albert C-130 Demonstration (part of the Blue Angels show)

1:30 - 2:30 USN Blue Angels Demonstration

The Blue Angels performance is actually just a piece of an entire day of racing and air show (there is even a fireworks show Saturday night). I would recommend spending the day at the event and taking in the hydroplane racing as well. Just be prepared for a crowd, well over 100,000 on Saturday and Sunday.

Hi LovetocruiseSeattle, we'll be in Seattle the night of 9/1 and again the night of 9/9. DH loves brewpubs and I understand Seattle has some good ones. We will be at the Sheraton 9/1 and Westin 9/9. What do you think of Rock Bottom Brewery. I think its right across from our hotel, or at least that's what it looks like on the map. Thought we'd do that the first night since we only land at 6:30, by the time we get to the Sheraton, and considering time difference from Florida, I think we'll be pretty beat, but you never know.

We're planning to do Pike Place Market on Sunday, somewhere at the market for lunch, and maybe somewhere on the water for dinner. Pike Brewery's website has been saying "under construction" for months now.

Thanks for your opinions! Its great to hear from a "local".

Hi SoFloDeb:

Sorry to say, but I am not a brew drinker (I don't drink much at all), but I have been to the Rock Bottom for food, but it has been a few years. They are located about 2 blocks from the Sheraton.

Here is a weblink I found

http://www.nwbrewpage.com/wabpubs/RockBtmS.html

http://www.nwbrewpage.com/wabpubs.html

One of the places listed I have been to recently and love the food there:

Gordon-Biersch Brewery Restaurant Their glazed wings are very good as well as the rest of their menu. They are located inside of Pacific Place which is on the corner of 6th and Pine which is about a block from the Sheraton.

The Pike Place Market is always a fun place to wonder around, lots of vendors and great produce. You won't want to miss the guys that throw the fish, make sure you DUCK:p . There are lots of little place to grab something to eat as you walk or my favorite is called the Oriental Mart which is Filipino food, the chicken adobo is very good. From there you can wonder down some stairs and end up at the waterfront.

The Westin is about a 5-10 minute walk to the Pike Place Market.

Places that I like for dinner (specialty is seafood):

Cutters http://www.cuttersbayhouse.com/ which is at the North end of Pike Place Market (great view of puget sound)

Anthony's Homeport http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/info/pier66.html which is located on the waterfront

Elliott's http://elliottsoysterhouse.com/ also located on the waterfront

There are plenty of others, if these don't appeal to you, let me know what type of food you are looking for or if you need any other information or websites.

Two close brewpubs near the Sheraton are the Pike brewpub @ Pike Place Market and Six Arms on Pike just across I-5. Both are good. My favorite is Big Time in the University District, Hales in Fremont, and Pyramid by Safeco Field.

Hi guys, thanks for the recommendations. Pikes brewpub may be one that we will go to and Gordon Biersch may be another good one - the seafood places all look great! Too many decisions!

Thanks again!

Gordon Biersch is a chain restaurant (located in a mall) with locations all over the country. Not really anything uniquely Northwest about it. I would recommend Pyramid Alehouse, has a much more "brew pub" atmosphere if that is what you are looking for. The started in Seattle, but now have locations in Portland and California as well. Whatever you end up doing, I hope you enjoy your time in Seattle!

Hello lovely Seattlites! You are all so friendly and VERY helpful!:D

We are 8 girlfriends flying from Walla Walla October 1 to hop aboard Mercury for a 5 day girlfriend adventure!

Our stay in Seattle will be VERY short, however we have friends meeting all of us at Sea-Tac to transport us to pier 66. We plan to get organized and drop our luggage and find our cabins, then get back off of the ship and have cocktails and lunch with our friends that picked us up (but are not going with us on the cruise:confused: ) at the airport.

So this is my question... is Anthony's the closest place to do this? Do you have any other great ideas for us? We do not want to get far from the ship. We would love to sit outside or on a deck, weather permitting.

Thank you so much!

From HOT Eastern WA!!:cool:

The closest places to Pier 66 are Anthony's Homeport and The Fish Club (in the Seattle Waterfront Marriot). I like Anthony's best and you will be right there looking at the ship. Anthony’s Pier 66 is located in the same building as Anthony’s Bell St. Diner and Anthony’s Fish Bar, according to their website only the Bell St. Diner and Fish Bar are open for lunch. The weather is a 50/50 for outside seating that time of year. You can always take a quick walk up to Cutters at the north end of the Pike Place Market, they do not have outside seating, but the seating has a great view of Puget Sound. There is also Six/Seven at the Edgewater Inn, nice bar area inside.

Archived