Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
- Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Princess Cruise Deals
- Write a Princess Cruise Review
- Find Your Princess Roll Call
See posts about:
Caribbean Princess
Diamond Princess
Island Princess
Royal Princess
Sun Princess

Coral Princess
Emerald Princess
Ocean Princess
Ruby Princess
Star Princess

Crown Princess
Golden Princess
Pacific Princess
Sapphire Princess

Dawn Princess
Grand Princess
Regal Princess
Sea Princess

Old June 15th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Princess "Commodores"

Any Princess Commodores out there? What were the amenities onboard your Princess cruise? My first cruise with Princess since attaining Commodore status....What can I expect?
Big Red Boat March 94 / Noordam March 96 / Carnival Ecstasy Sept 99 / Sovereign of the Seas Jan 00 / Sun Princess Feb 00 / Disney Magic Sept 00 / Explorer of the Seas Sept 00 / CarnivalTriumph Jan 02 / Monarch of the Seas Mar 02 / Carnival Sensation Sept 02 / Carnival Conquest Nov 02 / Celebrity Galaxy May 03 / Crystal Harmony Nov 03 / Carnival Glory Jan 04 / Celebrity Zenith Sept 04 / Carnival Glory Oct 04 / Golden Princess Oct 05 / Pride of Aloha Nov 05 / Carnival Valor May 06 / Crown Princess June 06 / Monarch of the Seas Jan 07 / Coral Princess June 07 / Queen Mary 2 May 08 / Carnival Pride May 09/ Carnival Magic Nov 09 / Navigator of the Seas Oct 11 / Royal Princess Oct 13 / NCL Breakaway Sept 14 / Celebrity Summit Feb 15

Old June 15th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Commodores

Quote:
Originally Posted by picruiser View Post
Any Princess Commodores out there? What were the amenities onboard your Princess cruise? My first cruise with Princess since attaining Commodore status....What can I expect?
Congratualtions on Commodore status! My DW was one of the first, and we cruised on Golden Princess not long ago with her new status. It is simply equal to Elite, so you get all the same perks. It will not show on your reservation, but when you check in you will get the black card.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Old June 15th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Dumb Question.....What is Commodore Status?

Future Cruises:
Ruby Princess Hawaii 2015

Completed Cruises:
Sapphire Princess Wine Country 2013
Golden Princess Hawaii October 2012
Carnival Cruise 2010 3 day cruise to Mexico
Caribbean Princess 2010 NY to Puerto Rico
Carnival Cruise Spirit 2009 Mexican Rivera
Coral Princess 2008 Alaska
Dawn Princess 2008 Coastal San Diego
Diamond Princess 2004 Mexican Riviera
Holland America Maasdam 2002 Western Caribbean
Norwegian Cruise Norway 1997 Eastern Caribbean
Sun Princess 1996 Alaska
Sun Princess 1996 3 Day Coastal
Norwegian Cruise Norway 1991 Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Cruise Tropicale 1989 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Cruise Carnivale 1981 Eastern Caribbean

Old June 15th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterflax View Post
Dumb Question.....What is Commodore Status?
I believe it is for TAs only, who have gone through Princess training? No requirement on the number of Princess cruises a TA takes. Whereas, to become Elite you must have taken 15 Princess cruises and become Elite on your 16 Princess cruise.

Old June 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

I too am traveling on Princess for the first time as Elite due to my Commodore ranking with Princess as a TA. I noticed that my boarding pass is green and not blue like my family so it is attached to my reservation but not listed anywhere. Marilyn

Disney Wonder, 4 nite Bahamas, Jan.2004
NCL Pride of Aloha, 12 nite repo to Hawaii, June 2004
NCL Star, 8 nite Mexico Riviera, Jan. 2005
NCL Star, 7 nite Glacier Bay Alaska, July 2005
NCL Spirit, 2 nite San Francisco, Oct. 2005
NCL Spirit, 1 nite New York City, June 2006
RCI Monarch of the Seas, 4 nite Baja Mexico, August 2006
NCL Jewel, 7 nite Eastern Caribbean, Jan. 2007
PCL Sea Princess, 14 nite Europe, June 2007
PCL Golden Princess, 7 nite Mexico, Jan.2008
PCL Sapphire Princess, 7 nite West Coastal Oct. 2011
PCL Star Princess, 2 nite SF to Vancouver May 2012
PCL Island Princess, 7 nite Inside Passage Alaska, RT Vancouver, May 2012
PCL Star Princess, 10 nite Mexico, RT SF, April 2015

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 15th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm excited about the cruise. I was one of the first to complete the course as well, but none of the cruises that they offered worked at the time. Thanks for the info.
Big Red Boat March 94 / Noordam March 96 / Carnival Ecstasy Sept 99 / Sovereign of the Seas Jan 00 / Sun Princess Feb 00 / Disney Magic Sept 00 / Explorer of the Seas Sept 00 / CarnivalTriumph Jan 02 / Monarch of the Seas Mar 02 / Carnival Sensation Sept 02 / Carnival Conquest Nov 02 / Celebrity Galaxy May 03 / Crystal Harmony Nov 03 / Carnival Glory Jan 04 / Celebrity Zenith Sept 04 / Carnival Glory Oct 04 / Golden Princess Oct 05 / Pride of Aloha Nov 05 / Carnival Valor May 06 / Crown Princess June 06 / Monarch of the Seas Jan 07 / Coral Princess June 07 / Queen Mary 2 May 08 / Carnival Pride May 09/ Carnival Magic Nov 09 / Navigator of the Seas Oct 11 / Royal Princess Oct 13 / NCL Breakaway Sept 14 / Celebrity Summit Feb 15

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Princess hasn't had "commodore" status in years - we recieved that a long time ago and with less cruises than it took to become "elite" - There were no special "commodore" perks.

Ron

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiran View Post
Princess hasn't had "commodore" status in years - we recieved that a long time ago and with less cruises than it took to become "elite" - There were no special "commodore" perks.

Ron
Princess does have commodore status available for Travel Agents. Not sure where you are getting your information from?
Sensation
Destiny
Victory
NCL Sun
NCL Sea
Disney Magic
Disney Wonder
Celebrity Horizon
Regal Empress

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm not a TA but both DH and I have Princess Commodore pins. We've been sailing with Princess since 1977. I can't remember how long ago we received them. Would love to know when they started giving them out. As I recall, we didn't receive any special perks at that level... we were just satisfied with the pins. Times certainly have changed, haven't they!

Sandy

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The commodore program for agents is an extensive program that you take. I believe they just instituted the new program at the beginning of this year. Once you achieve that level you do receive the Elite benefts.
Sensation
Destiny
Victory
NCL Sun
NCL Sea
Disney Magic
Disney Wonder
Celebrity Horizon
Regal Empress

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:27 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:

Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy R View Post
I'm not a TA but both DH and I have Princess Commodore pins. We've been sailing with Princess since 1977. I can't remember how long ago we received them. Would love to know when they started giving them out. As I recall, we didn't receive any special perks at that level... we were just satisfied with the pins. Times certainly have changed, haven't they!

Sandy
This has nothing at all to do with the old Commodore status with Princess, but a new program where TA's can achieve Elite Status without taking the cruises others of us need to get to Elite level.

It must have taken effect the end of last year as I know of someone who achieved this level through Princess TA program before the first of the year.

Last edited by Toto2Kansas; June 15th, 2007 at 06:29 PM.

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Here's an explanation from one TA's website:

Quote:
On May 31, 2006, Princess launched a new “Princess Expert” program in conjunction with a new interface in their travel agent Website. The program consists of four levels of training named after on-ship rank levels. The first is “First Officer”, the second “Staff Captain”, the third “Captain” and the highest is “Commodore”.
I don't know what the perks are at each level.

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

November 1 was the first date open to take the final exam and book your cruise, if there was still one available! I managed to book for December 16 of this year on CB and am very much looking forward to it.

I did, however, sail the one-night cruise on the Golden Princess, May 4, from Vancouver to Seattle and was given a black card. Also was provided with a "stocked" mini-bar which was a treat I hadn't expected, especially for a one-nighter.

Mercury - December 19, 2008 (Christmas & NYE)
Triumph - April 26, 2008
Vision of the Seas - December 30, 2007
Mercury - October 29, 2007
Golden Princess - May 2007
Legend of the Seas - December 16, 2006
Vision of the Seas - May 7, 2006
Mariner of the Seas - January 2005
Enchantment of the Seas - January 2003
Norwegian Wind - December 1999
Norway - October 1993

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Location: Left Coast of Central Florida Email: dameatsea@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy R View Post

Sandy
DH and I received our Commodore pins in 1984, after our first Princess cruise. We still wear them, along with our Elite(me) & Platinum (DH) pins. More than a couple of Captains have commented on the old pins. One told us to always wear it with our current level because it was the first recognition pin given to passengers.

As said.....this must be different from the TA program. As yet, I don't believe that Princess has rolled out something higher than Elite. Surely we would have heard about it from those holding a new 'ranking'.

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxo View Post
I believe it is for TAs only, who have gone through Princess training? No requirement on the number of Princess cruises a TA takes. Whereas, to become Elite you must have taken 15 Princess cruises and become Elite on your 16 Princess cruise.
Or 150 'Sea-Days.'

De Oppresso Liber — RLTW

Princess — Elite Status

Completed Cruise: Coral Princess 03 May '06 Panama Canal

Completed Cruise: Star Princess — 22 Sept '06 Copenhagen to New York

Completed Cruise: Island Princess — 26 Apr '07 — 11 May '07 Los Angeles Roundtrip Hawaiian Islands. 15 Days

Completed Cruise: Island Princess, Coastal Cruise — May 11, 07 to May 14, 2007 (Actually, a continuation.) LA to Vancouver, BC (3 Days)

Completed Cruise: Island Princess 20 Sept — 9 Oct '07 Round Trip LA to Panama. 19 Days

Completed Cruise: Sapphire Princess. 14 Apr — 14 May 2008 Sydney, AU to Los Angles, CA (31 Days)

Completed Cruise Star Princess. 16 MAR -30 MAR '09 Rio De janeiro to Valpraraiso D-701 (15 Days)

Completed Cruise Star Princess. 30 Mar - 17 April '09 - Valpraraiso to San Francisco. D-701 (18 Days) Total 33 Days.

Completed Cruise Star Princess:
Star Princess: 24 April — May 22, 2010 Northern Europe Grand Adventure D704 (28 Days)

New Cruise Booked: RT Los Angeles — Hawaii 11 April to 25 April 2012

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

I got Commodore status in November also. My graduation cruise isn't until Sept (repo from Vancouver to LA) but they did give me the Elite perks on our Hawaiian cruise in Nov.

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM
5,000+ Club

We reached Commodore status last year. Our Commodore cruise is next year, but we sailed the Crown and got all the elite perks. It was worth all those classes.

And we can sell Princess with our eyes closed now. It was truly a thorough way to learn everything about Princess.

Old June 15th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvtotrvl1 View Post
Princess does have commodore status available for Travel Agents. Not sure where you are getting your information from?
Well "EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE" me, I am not a TA but I did achieve "commodore" status long ago. The OP did not identify her/his self as a TA - where are you getting your info from for "NON _ TA" regular folk??

Ron

Last edited by coiran; June 15th, 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Old June 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Well "EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE" me, I am not a TA but I did achieve "commodore" status long ago. The OP did not identify her/his self as a TA - where are you getting your info from for "NON _ TA" regular folk??
Ron
Don't you read the posts that come before yours?

Old June 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoc31 View Post
Don't you read the posts that come before yours?
Why - I read the OP's post and there was no mention of being a TA - Anyone can become a TA if they want.

Ron