Port Canaveral - transferring from Enchantment to Carnival Liberty

peteukmcr

Any suggestions how to pass the time from disembarking from one ship before heading for the terminal to board the next in Port Canaveral?

Was hoping to disembark RCI Enchantment as late as possible, but no doubt that'll still be too early to head for Carnival check in.

We'll have one large suitcase each and possible small carry on as we're away from the UK for 16 days.

Could we drop bags at Carnival terminal and head over to the new visitor centre for a couple of hours?

Edited by peteukmcr

Quite a haul from 10 over to Carnival terminal, probably a taxi. Should not have any problems dropping luggage early with Carnival. Take taxi back over to Tower

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I kinda doubt the 'tower' is good for a couple of hours . . . .

concur that you will PROBABLY be OK to drop your bags at Carnival

concur you'll probably want a taxi - it is under a mile but the way the port is arranged, walking will be 'difficult'

you could take a taxi to Jetty Park if it is a nice day .... not much farther then the 'tower' and there is a concessions/changing/shower area and you can rent chairs and an umbrella

in theory you can drag your feet until about 9 before they throw you off RCL .... then don't hurry to get your bags & a slow ride the 1 mile .... there will probably be people in line at the Carn' terminal by then even if they have not opened the doors yet. Bring a book and a bottle of water and I'll bet you are inside by 10:30 at the latest

this is not 'til next year? Talk to me in March or April .... maybe I'll just come and pick you up, toss the bags in my car and show you a few local sites then take you back to the terminal .... wouldn't be the craziest thing I'd ever done. We could even use my genuine [but very modified] 1979 Austin Mini with right hand drive if it would make you feed more at home . . . .

ChristmasMini2.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

Quite a haul from 10 over to Carnival terminal, probably a taxi. Should not have any problems dropping luggage early with Carnival. Take taxi back over to Tower

Thanks for your feedback about dropping off bags at Carnival.

I kinda doubt the 'tower' is good for a couple of hours . . . .

concur that you will PROBABLY be OK to drop your bags at Carnival

concur you'll probably want a taxi - it is under a mile but the way the port is arranged, walking will be 'difficult'

you could take a taxi to Jetty Park if it is a nice day .... not much farther then the 'tower' and there is a concessions/changing/shower area and you can rent chairs and an umbrella

in theory you can drag your feet until about 9 before they throw you off RCL .... then don't hurry to get your bags & a slow ride the 1 mile .... there will probably be people in line at the Carn' terminal by then even if they have not opened the doors yet. Bring a book and a bottle of water and I'll bet you are inside by 10:30 at the latest

this is not 'til next year? Talk to me in March or April .... maybe I'll just come and pick you up, toss the bags in my car and show you a few local sites then take you back to the terminal .... wouldn't be the craziest thing I'd ever done. We could even use my genuine [but very modified] 1979 Austin Mini with right hand drive if it would make you feed more at home . . . .

ChristmasMini2.jpg

thanks for your ideas. Wouldn't feel out of place with your new mini, seeing that's what I drive here in the UK! The 79 one would be a bit of a squeeze!

Thanks for your feedback about dropping off bags at Carnival.

thanks for your ideas. Wouldn't feel out of place with your new mini, seeing that's what I drive here in the UK! The 79 one would be a bit of a squeeze!

True that