Cruising with an 11 month old...

Csmom21

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has cruised with a baby (specifically with Princess). DH and I are sailing on the Ruby Princess 1/24/25 out of Fort Lauderdale with our son who will be 11.5 months at that time. We are bringing my parents along as well. Our son is very easy-going and travels well. Is there anything specific that I should know or things I should bring with me?

Princess will allow you to take him to the kids area as long as you stay with him. I sailed on a few Princess ships when my kids were babies/toddlers (the picture below is on the Sapphire) and there were always toys and a little padded area where they could crawl/toddler around and play. Use the disco or a closed lounge as an area to let him run around. I found it easier to eat all meals in the dining room rather than the buffet. Since breakfast and lunch are open seating, I just always asked to have a table alone (rather than make strangers share a table with a little one).

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

You will need to bring any and all "baby specific" stuff...diapers, wipes, meds, etc... that you will need. IF the ship sells any (and that's unlikely), it will be either expensive or not "your brand"! Come prepared!

Aside from that, this should be no different than any other vacation!!!