Self-serve laundry on Aurora

dilly25

Thanks for your quick reply about the no cost involved with using the self-serve laundry. We will be away from home for quite awhile and will be happy to have the chance to use available laundry facilities on the ships.

Your answer was much appreciated.

Just off the ship 4 days ago and 2 of the 3 washers on deck 5 laundrette were out of service too. The laundry tabs cost 60p in the shops shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off the ship 4 days ago and 2 of the 3 washers on deck 5 laundrette were out of service too. The laundry tabs cost 60p in the shops shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bring a couple of bold tablets from home if I think I will need to do some washing . Combines powder with conditioner in one easy tablet.

I also bring dryer towel things like bounce-ever since I read on the fashion boards on here years ago that if you have clothes sticking to you with static-and hair- a smooth down with a dryer towel gets rid of it all.

Last time on Ventura I took a few washing tablets with me as our cabin was near the laundrette. Any way I had a look in and the washing machines had a choice of cold/cold, cold/hot, hot/hot or hot/cold. Never having use a laundrette before I had no idea what it meant, any ideas?

I asked a lady who was washing kids clothes, she said she didn''t know either so just used the cold/cold. She said the tumble dryers were even more complicated.

On a funny note, someone must have been to the laundrette as there was a pair of large ladies knickers in someone's doorway. It was there nearly all day, I wonder if they eventually noticed them missing and whether they went back for them.

I believe (but am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that the cold/cold, hot/cold things is the temperature of the water. The first is the wash and the second is the rinse so hot/cold is hot wash then cold rinse. I do mine on hot/cold and haven't had a problem.

Having said that I thought that was on American ships (could be wrong again :D )

Edited by grannygristle

Thanks I thought that might be it. It was definitely Ventura as that is the only ship I have ever looked at the laundrette on. Although it might have been A deck now I think about it not B deck. I'm starting to forget now which deck on which ship we have been on now :). Only remember the first one C deck Ventura.