Does Mayan Princess do prebooked daypasses?

scotlady

Hi,

I can't find anything on their website and very little on these board that is current. Do they do prebooked day passes? We want to find a place that will guarantee us chairs & umbrellas since we have a group of 14. I know Carnival does an excursion to Mayan Princess, but we are coming in on RCL.

Hi,

I can't find anything on their website and very little on these board that is current. Do they do prebooked day passes? We want to find a place that will guarantee us chairs & umbrellas since we have a group of 14. I know Carnival does an excursion to Mayan Princess, but we are coming in on RCL.

Have ya tried emailing them? I find when dealing with folks in third world countries getting info direct is always the best course. I also take all my paper work with me... don't want anyone wiggling out of the deal. :0)

I don't that they have a maximum. We've been there several times. Last time we were so glad we booked a "freestyle" tour with ronystours.com. Our group thought we had the whole day figured out. After ziplining, we were going to go to the Myan Princess. I poured - and I mean the hardest rain I've ever seen. We were thankful we had a private driver for the day. He took us to a great local place for some snack-type local food then showed us a few sights. An hour or so later, the weather cleared so we went to the resort for a few hours. I'm not sure what we would have done if we were with a scheduled group tour.

At one time, Maya Princess only offered day passes on a first come first service basis, with limited access to the facilities, no use of the pool or inside areas, for example. They would work with tour vendors but I think only on request from the tour vendor and typically a smaller group. If that's changed recently, it may vary based on how many longer stay guests they have.

If you are wanting a beautiful spot, but does have grass in the water, you can check out Turquoise Bay. We went there on March 19. They pick you up and take you back for $25 PP..Here is a link, and also a slideshow I did. WE were at Mahogany on Carnival, but they pick you up at Coxen as well.

Rer7Fil-rk4

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/cruise-ship-beach-day.html

• 3 months later...
I checked with them a little over a year ago and as I remember it was $65 PP, which I thought a little steep.

I'm just looking up information on Mayan Princess and noticed you said the prices are a little steep at $65. The only place I have found so far to book this place is using Shore Excursioneer and they want $86.99 pp :eek: Any suggestions on other ways to book?

You can book directly with Mayan Princess. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and heard back within a day with a quote. The pricing was $25 pp without food/drinks and $65 pp with food/drinks. Transportation was not included, and kids were half price. We decided not to go with them for a couple of reasons...I didn't really want a buffet lunch; I wanted to know that transport to and from was already arranged; and DH wanted a quieter day. The email address I used was reservations@mayanprincess.com

You can book directly with Mayan Princess. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and heard back within a day with a quote. The pricing was $25 pp without food/drinks and $65 pp with food/drinks. Transportation was not included, and kids were half price. We decided not to go with them for a couple of reasons...I didn't really want a buffet lunch; I wanted to know that transport to and from was already arranged; and DH wanted a quieter day. The email address I used was reservations@mayanprincess.com

So it sounds like booking directly with them would be more expensive. I think I read that it cost $20pp for a taxi to West Bay?? So that would be $40 plus $65=$105 total per person? Or if I have the taxi rate wrong and it's only $20 round trip pp, then it's still going to be the same amount. Hmmm. Not sure I really want to spend over $200 at this place. :cool: