Katakalon "fun" train - alive and kicking

dani negreanu

It's a nice alternative to those who, for different reasons, don't go to Olympia. Costs 6 Euro pp, five min walk from the dock, every 30 min.

Has 2 stops - at a vinery and then at a nice beach.

We were the only ones who got out at the vinery, at here is a catch...

When u want to go back, u don't have seats.

After tasting the vine (DH was not keen, they also promised a tour of the vinery, which we didn't see going), we went back to catch the train, but it also arrived full, and the driver said "wait for the next" - all in all we found ourselves in an impossible situation, when the trains arrive full and people are gathering and saying they'll get on the next train "no matter what". After waiting 2 more trains, the operators attached another empty coach for all those waiting at the vinery and we finally got on.

My advice - take the train only if you're heading to the beach, it's a very pleasant ride.:D

I guess the beach you are referring to is at a different location to the one at the end of the row of shops and restaurants down the street when existing the ship

We didn't go to the beach (were anxious to find wifi to get in touch with the kids we left in Israel), but the "stop-beach" was down from a hotel, and then the train continued back to Katakalon for at least 1-2 km after this stop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Beware :eek:

The mini train ride is fine and inexpensive.

Agios Andreas Beach is very dangerous!

When I took my family there in the Summer of 2014 there was a strong rip current where the strong waves pull you out to sea.

I am a very strong swimmer and I was very close to drowning - pulled to safety by the ring and rope back on the beach and brave fellow travelers.

It is not worth it to die on your vacation!