Private tour in Costa Maya

sellwingri

My husband and I will be looking for a private tour, 3 - 4 hours) for just the two of us. I walk with a cane so any climbing/extensive walking tours are probably not too smart. Any recommendations on tour guides and/or companies to contact and sites to see?

You can easily take a cab into the Village and just hang out. There isn't much to see if you hire a cab for a couple of hours. Other ports it would be a better option. We have gone to Chacchoben ruins with others who walked using a cane or elderly without any problems. You know your limitations and only you know what works best. There are some areas in Chacchoben where you have to climb but you can skip that portion.

I would second Native Choice, if touring mayan ruins or learning about maya culture is of interest to you. They do tailor small groups, not sure if 2 is enough but they are generally prompt in responding to emails.

http://www.thenativechoice.com/

Otherwise, most excursions are related around water or beach activities, or ATV/Bike rides along the coast. There's not a whole lot of other things to do in this area of Mexico. People come here for the beach, the snorkeling, et.al. Shopping is limited primarily to the cruise port and some limited stores in the town just outside (you'll have to walk there from the port, I don't think taxis will take you 3 blocks). There are some smaller kiosk/storefronts along the malecon (beach front) in Mahahual selling "native" crafts.