12PM Boston flight post-cruise

JinxyB

Hi, I am not familiar with Boston or any of the current construction projects going on. I will be departing the Dawn on a Friday morning and want to book a 12PM flight on Delta-can I make this flight easily? I realize there will be rush hour traffic. My plan is to do self-assist and be off the ship as early as possible and grab a cab. Please offer me any suggestions. There is also a 2:15 flight but I can be home by then if I take the 12PM flight. Thank you!

A noon flight should be just fine. The airport is across the harbor from the cruise terminal, so it should be no more than 15 minutes by cab.

If you have ample time, there is even a public transit option that is accessible with luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on an 11:20 flight to Toronto? Or is that pushing it. Like the OP, I could take a 1:45, but would also be home by then if I got the 11:20. Don't want to stress. Thanks for any input (This is August 7, btw)

Any thoughts on an 11:20 flight to Toronto? Or is that pushing it. Like the OP, I could take a 1:45, but would also be home by then if I got the 11:20. Don't want to stress. Thanks for any input (This is August 7, btw)

I think no one in answering you because there are so many variables. If the ship is on time, if you self disembark, if you can get a cab immediately, if you don't have to be at Logan two hours ahead for a Canadian flight, and if you are leaving from one of the more manageable terminals, then you should make an 11:20 flight.

Logan Airport is across the harbor from the Black Falcon Terminal. You go a few blocks to the Ted Williams Tunnel and you can be there in 10-15 minutes without becoming involved with downtown Boston traffic. This makes for a more consistent trip timewise.

I hate answering these "can I make a flight" questions because there are always things that can go wrong.

My theory is if you have to ask whether or not you will make it, then you probably won't.

With that said, most cruise lines publish guidelines for flights on the way out. I would suggest following that guideline.

• 2 weeks later...

My ship "arrives" in at 7. Although experienced Port Everglades, if one self departs and gets in line early can make it to the airport easily by 9. So I'm hoping Boston is the same. My friend has a 10:15 am. and mine is at 11 and we can both check in at the first class counter. It is also a Sunday, so local Bostonians won't be in line to get off the ship too early to head to work. So hopefully will have no issues.

I've followed threads about disembarking early. Rarely are they accurate as most people go by what the ship disembark documents says. For the most part, passengers who are eager are getting off well before they say you can.

My ship "arrives" in at 7. Although experienced Port Everglades, if one self departs and gets in line early can make it to the airport easily by 9. So I'm hoping Boston is the same. My friend has a 10:15 am. and mine is at 11 and we can both check in at the first class counter. It is also a Sunday, so local Bostonians won't be in line to get off the ship too early to head to work. So hopefully will have no issues.

I've followed threads about disembarking early. Rarely are they accurate as most people go by what the ship disembark documents says. For the most part, passengers who are eager are getting off well before they say you can.

I think I'd want to have transportation waiting. I've disembarked in Boston on a Sunday and had a port day in Boston on a Sunday. Both times it was dead dead dead with few cabs in sight.

Also, I'd want to be checking in on line and getting a boarding pass printed on the ship. That makes curbside checkin a possibility as well.