uber/lyft codes

roskie1

Will be new to using Uber if we decide to. Can some tell me do you have to set up an account, join etc. prior to trip for a (1) one time use of Uber. Also do you pay the drive cash at drop off or by credit card and is Uber safe to use in Miami.

Will be new to using Uber if we decide to. Can some tell me do you have to set up an account, join etc. prior to trip for a (1) one time use of Uber. Also do you pay the drive cash at drop off or by credit card and is Uber safe to use in Miami.

Yes you need to download the app and set up an account. Then your charge will be directly billed to your chosen account credit card or pay pal. No cash changes hands. IF you want to add a tip ( optional) you can do that too. If you go to youtube, there are lots of videos showing you exactly how to use Uber.

You can get at least a $15 discount off your first ride if you enter a promo code. Here is one you can count on. (mine)

ellenB3439UE

YES, no trouble with uber in Miami. In fact, compared to some of the cab drivers ( using that term lightly), the service and drivers are MUCH nicer.

The last time we used a cab in Miami, the driver had NO idea how to get to Brickell Hampton Inn. Spent the drive talking to someone on the phone ( foreign language), I presume getting directions? I actually pulled out my phone to help direct him. It was nuts!!! And scary as it was after dark.

Edited by eandj

Do people normally tip for uber/lyft?

Sometimes ... if I am going to/from the airport and if the driver assists me with my luggage. Also, if I am traveling and not very familiar with the area, and the driver has been engaging in conversation, by offering suggestions for places to go, where to eat, shop, etc.

Sometimes ... if I am going to/from the airport and if the driver assists me with my luggage. Also, if I am traveling and not very familiar with the area, and the driver has been engaging in conversation, by offering suggestions for places to go, where to eat, shop, etc.

This is how we operate too. Tipping for Uber is an option, not requirement.