Morne Coubaril Estate?

canadarocks

Holland America has a catamaran cruise to and from Morne Coubaril Estate that I'm considering. Has anyone toured Morne Coubaril and would you recommend it?

Morne Coubaril is lovely. What else is included on your tour? The Coastline up and back to port is stunning of course, but wondering what else they're including in your tour? Morne Coubaril has some old time slave huts, Colonial architecture, beautiful grounds still under cultivation, tree climbing, a zip line course (extra) and delicious food.... What else is in the tour?

Morne Coubaril is lovely. What else is included on your tour? The Coastline up and back to port is stunning of course, but wondering what else they're including in your tour? Morne Coubaril has some old time slave huts, Colonial architecture, beautiful grounds still under cultivation, tree climbing, a zip line course (extra) and delicious food.... What else is in the tour?

Here's the HAL description of the tour:

Board a comfortable catamaran and sail down the west coast past beautiful Marigot Bay to a cove on the west coast. The boat anchors to allow you an opportunity to swim in the crystal-clear Caribbean waters.

At Morne Coubaril Estate, step back in time and enjoy a tour of this historic plantation. The gardens offer close-up views of the more popular local flora. View the process of cocoa making and walk through a small village of replica stick huts similar to those used two centuries ago by local villagers. Walk up the Monplaisir family’s estate driveway to the manioc house, where you’ll watch a live demonstration of making cassava bread. The grandeur of the estate house offers great photo opportunities. Learn how to de-husk a coconut and dry the copra in the oven, and enjoy a taste of coconut water and jelly. Taste a ripe cocoa bean at the Cocoa & Coffee House. Witness the process of fermentation, bean drying and the cocoa dance used to polish the dried beans. Finish up with a look at the mule-driven sugar cane mill and an addictive taste of fresh cane juice.

A cruise back up the West Coast, with snacks served on board the catamaran en route, brings you to Castries and the ship.

That would be an interesting tour...I'm surprised they're nor combining it with anything else in the area, but what can you do? Lol.. The swimming will be at Anse Cochon, which is the beach Cove located at Ti Kaye resort, you can see pictures online...Beautiful Cove.... Morne Coubaril is quite interesting and well preserved and I'm sure you'd enjoy the historical attributes..and the coastal sail is outstanding!

Enjoy.

Thanks. We've done Cosol's island tour, so we've seen most of the land sites. But I wasn't sure if Morne Coubaril Estate was a "must see". We're only in St Lucia from 7:00am-3:00pm, and this HAL excursion fills the day nicely (8am-2:30pm).

We have a tentative booking with Mystic Man to repeat their eco-adventure tour right now (we did it in 2015). But if we don't get the required 10, I want to have a backup. And I'm thinking something different might be preferable as well.

We'll be docked in Castries in January 2017 with one other ship. Do you have any other suggestions of what to do in our time frame?

Thanks. We've done Cosol's island tour, so we've seen most of the land sites. But I wasn't sure if Morne Coubaril Estate was a "must see". We're only in St Lucia from 7:00am-3:00pm, and this HAL excursion fills the day nicely (8am-2:30pm).

We have a tentative booking with Mystic Man to repeat their eco-adventure tour right now (we did it in 2015). But if we don't get the required 10, I want to have a backup. And I'm thinking something different might be preferable as well.

We'll be docked in Castries in January 2017 with one other ship. Do you have any other suggestions of what to do in our time frame?

Consider heading north instead. Pigeon Island with the old British fort ruins, beach, excellent lunch options, hiking, etc - provides a different perspective and views of the island itself vs a trip down to Soufriere again.....may be a good alternative....

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Consider heading north instead. Pigeon Island with the old British fort ruins, beach, excellent lunch options, hiking, etc - provides a different perspective and views of the island itself vs a trip down to Soufriere again.....may be a good alternative....

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

I'll look into that option. Thanks so much for your advice. :)

I'll look into that option. Thanks so much for your advice. :)

No probs.

A Cab is $35us each way, and entrance fee of $7us pp - it is a national park. Serenity TVL offers a tour at around $60 or $70 pp which includes transport, entrance fee, lounge chairs at Beach, cooler of drinks, etc. May be worth checking out. Pretty sure Real St Lucia Tours, Barefoot Holidays, Solar Tours and Travel also all offer something similar.

Enjoy, whatever you decide to do...

I would second a visit to Pigeon Island. It is roughly 30 minutes away from cruise port and you can easily get a taxi from the port. I did see on Serenity's website a Fun at the Beach tour for $40 pp with drinks and such but you can also do that on your own though they do offer a good deal.