Quest walking track?

tripperva

The lack of a proper promenade deck is the one thing that bugs me with the Seabourn ships. I hope they address it with the new ship.

Anyway, for me, the space available on deck 9 just isn't enough to make a suitable walking track. The deck is too short to do a decent lap. I go dizzy after 3 laps.

The alternate up there is to walk up and down the same track but that's tedious and quite annoying for the people who are using the chairs to relax.

Lots of people choose to walk on deck 5 but again, to do a lap you have to go inside the ship and cross the corridor to come out on the other side. It's a longer lap than deck 9 though.

The lack of a proper promenade deck is the one thing that bugs me with the Seabourn ships. I hope they address it with the new ship.

Anyway, for me, the space available on deck 9 just isn't enough to make a suitable walking track. The deck is too short to do a decent lap. I go dizzy after 3 laps.

The alternate up there is to walk up and down the same track but that's tedious and quite annoying for the people who are using the chairs to relax.

Lots of people choose to walk on deck 5 but again, to do a lap you have to go inside the ship and cross the corridor to come out on the other side. It's a longer lap than deck 9 though.

We are about to take our first sailing on one of the Odyssey class ships. I was quite pleased with our V2 suite, low down, near the middle. I also thought that, located where it is it might be a little 'beneath' for the folks in the higher decks, and consequently quiet, with little through-traffic.

Are you saying I can expect to find a track & field event in progress every time I open our suite door?

We are about to take our first sailing on one of the Odyssey class ships. I was quite pleased with our V2 suite, low down, near the middle. I also thought that, located where it is it might be a little 'beneath' for the folks in the higher decks, and consequently quiet, with little through-traffic.

Are you saying I can expect to find a track & field event in progress every time I open our suite door?

Are you on deck 5? The answer is no, don't worry. The doors through which the 'track and field' competitors enter the ship are near the crew offices. The suites are further down from there :).

We just walk to the end of deck 5 and turn around and walk back--most do so they don't have to open the doors

Edited by sassyw

We don't run a car anymore - gave it up when we moved here, so I just looked up where J32&33 are. Almost neighbours, we live just south of the Ribble in Penwortham (OK, it's Preston, to all intents and purposes).:rolleyes: