Navigator of the Seas, screening room and/or movie theatre

Does anybody know if they do actually show movies in this screening room? From the blurb I read online its used for presentations plus movies but has anyone actually seen a movie in it?

Our last cruise with Royal was on the Serenade and they had a small movie type theatre that was handy on a long sea day etc.

Or do they ever show movies in the main theatre area? On our Princess cruise they showed reasonably up to date movies on an afternoon in the main theatre and provided popcorn as well

Edited by lucywestie

I was on Nav for Spring break. They showed pm movies by the pool a few days. But, they repeated the same movie 2X. No screening room (or it was closed and unused--I looked) and either none or only 1 movie shown in 8 days during the day. This is the one area where I find RCCL lacking compared to other cruiselines. Princess has a routine of showing 1-2 movies each night and then repeating at least some of those movies the next day in the big production theater.

We have just come off the Navigator. Movies were shown in both the main theatre and on deck. There isn't a small cinema and all movies on the tv are pay-per-view at about $12 each!!!

Totally agree that Princess is much better in this area.

Edited by jayne3031

The outdoor screen on the Navigator is a waste of time, there is that many obstruction around the pool most deck chairs positions can't see the screen. Good luck on the Navigator, understaffed , dirty and a disgusting set up in the Windjammer

The outdoor screen on the Navigator is a waste of time, there is that many obstruction around the pool most deck chairs positions can't see the screen. Good luck on the Navigator, understaffed , dirty and a disgusting set up in the Windjammer

Not sure how relevant your post really is. From reading your previous remarks on other posts I dont see anything that refers to you doing a recent cruise on the Navigator that would support your comments.

Thanks to the other posters for their relevance and remaining on topic

Just got off the Navigator, we watched a couple of recent films in the theatre on cold sea days and a late evening film out on deck.

Quite a good atmosphere out on deck in the evening watching a film and it was very enjoyable :)

Not sure how relevant your post really is. From reading your previous remarks on other posts I dont see anything that refers to you doing a recent cruise on the Navigator that would support your comments.

Thanks to the other posters for their relevance and remaining on topic

Got off the Navigator yesterday

I haven't been on Navigator but on the Adventure (sister ship) they definitely have the movie room. I didn't watch a movie in it, but there were movies advertised during the day and evening in the compass. I did watch movies outside on the pool deck and loved it, didn't have any issues finding seating or seeing the screen. It was fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums