All Aboard Time?

HALrunner

Can anyone tell me what time is "All Aboard" for DCL in the Caribbean? Sixty minutes before scheduled departure? Thirty minutes?

Specifically on the Fantasy in St. Thomas in November?

Thanks so much:)

I don't get the question?

All Aboard time is when they plan to remove the gangways, so all Guests should be aboard BEFORE that time, and then they can drop the lines and with permission, move off the pier.

They may or may not wait for stragglers on their own excursion.

From this Navigator, it shows All Aboard Nov 2012 as 6:30pm.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/PersonalNavigator_Day4_StThomas_FantasyEasternSanJuan2012.pdfhttp://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/PersonalNavigator_Day4_StThomas_FantasyEasternSanJuan2012.pdf

So you NEED to be aboard by the time printed in your Navigator.

They most likely will wait for Guests on shore excursions booked through them, but not so much if the Guests are off on their own.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking what time is all aboard at each port (looking for an answer like 5 pm?) That is impossible to say as the times do vary a little on different sailings. You can make a good guess from recent Navigators, but it is not a "for sure." YOUR time is the time announced at the shows and printed in the Navigator.

You are expected to be back ON the ship at the stated all aboard time. Granted, if there is a line of people waiting to board, the gangways will not be removed till the line is gone. But this is the time that the gangway is scheduled to be removed. After that, it is a matter of closing doors, removing ropes, etc. and the ship sails off. That typically takes about 30 minutes, but can be a little more or a little less.

They will not generally hold the ship for a few people missing. Yes, I've been on at least one cruise where I know people were left and on another couple where we've seen people running up the pier. There are plenty of videos on line of people getting on tenders to catch up with the ship. IF you are on a DCL booked excursion and have not separated from the group, the ship will hold till the group gets back. If you went off independently, that means you need to be back on board before the last DCL excursion is back (if it is late). Yes, St. Thomas is infamous for traffic issues late in the day.

If the schedule shows a port time of (example only) 9 am - 5 pm, that means all aboard time will be about 5 pm, but it is always subject to change and it totally up to the captain. Currents, weather, a busted engine on the ship, etc. can all make a difference. You cannot rely on what is posted in advance of your cruising.

My guess is that you are asking how late can you schedule a return from a private excursion. We always plan to be back 1+ hours before the all scheduled time. That way, if there is a problem, we have a built in safety zone.

So you NEED to be aboard by the time printed in your Navigator.

They most likely will wait for Guests on shore excursions booked through them, but not so much if the Guests are off on their own.

ex techie

Further, they all-aboard times are advertised in the gangways as you make your way out. You will also hear the captain or cruise director announce AAT through the PSA system several times. As techie and other have said, AAT is nothing to gamble with. If you like living in the edge, you get there _right_ at AAT. However, if you're traveling with family, I personally would not get there later than one full hour before the advertised AAT.

Sorry for all the confusion! We sail often (see signature!) on other lines and typically an "All Aboard" time is listed in the daily program/explorer/navigator and at the dock. On other lines it is either 30-60 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Maybe Disney does not follow suit in this regards.

I appreciate all the concern;)

EXACTLY as above from Moki'smommy.

The time for All Aboard is listed in the Navigator and mentioned plenty of times, and also whether it is Island Time or Ship Time.

Do they still have the signs at the gangplanks with them listed as you depart the ship as well Moki'smommy?

The All Aboard time is what is important, not when the ship actually is given permission to leave the dock. That varies. Other ships in the way that are waiting to leave may delay your ship as well.

That is unless you are vacationing on the island and looking to take photo's of the Fantasy departing from St Thomas?

EVERY Cruise Director likes to tell the story of how the best photo you can get of the ship is of it leaving without you and you still standing on the dock! lol!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Further, they all-aboard times are advertised in the gangways as you make your way out. You will also hear the captain or cruise director announce AAT through the PSA system several times. As techie and other have said, AAT is nothing to gamble with. If you like living in the edge, you get there _right_ at AAT. However, if you're traveling with family, I personally would not get there later than one full hour before the advertised AAT.

Good to hear CF that they still have the boards so no-one can say they didn't hear/didn't know!

And 1 hour is the minimum grace period I would leave.

Unless in Cozumel on a late night stop and in Carlos and Charlies..... :o lol!

RUUUUNNNNN!!!

ex techie

Do they still have the signs at the gangplanks with them listed as you depart the ship as well Moki'smommy?

ex techie

In the Dream and Fantasy, they do have AAT signage in the gangways as you head out.

Sorry for all the confusion! We sail often (see signature!) on other lines and typically an "All Aboard" time is listed in the daily program/explorer/navigator and at the dock. On other lines it is either 30-60 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Maybe Disney does not follow suit in this regards.

On DCL, plan for them to leave very shortly after the All Aboard listed time!

The mouse don't wait!

ex techie

Good to hear CF that they still have the boards so no-one can say they didn't hear/didn't know!

And 1 hour is the minimum grace period I would leave.

Unless in Cozumel on a late night stop and in Carlos and Charlies..... :o lol!

RUUUUNNNNN!!!

ex techie

Funny you should mention that because the only PoC I've seen whole families sprinting Chariots or Fire style on the pier has been at Coz. Since we prefer Port side rooms, it's almost a treat to watch the late-comers make their way to the ship and the staff encouraging them to move faster and all gangways removed except for the forward one.

Most of the time, I have seen the signs near the gangway on the way out. There have been times I didn't see them--likely I was occupied with something else and literally looked past them....but that is the reason I didn't post that the signs are always there.

What I have noticed "every time" is the announcement by the CD in the theatre the night before and the time documented on the Navigator. Yes, I've sometimes heard additional announcements over the intercom and most of the time seen the signs at the gangway. Sometimes the server will say something at dinner as well.

On DCL, "All Aboard time" means just that. Be on the ship and ready to go. Do not count on being able to board 5 minutes later. It doesn't mean the ship sails at the "all aboard" time, but it will sail as soon after that as practical.

Funny you should mention that because the only PoC I've seen whole families sprinting Chariots or Fire style on the pier has been at Coz. Since we prefer Port side rooms, it's almost a treat to watch the late-comers make their way to the ship and the staff encouraging them to move faster and all gangways removed except for the forward one.

It's Mexico, and it would be rude if you didn't take in the sightseeing, right! lol!

ex techie

We also sail a lot on other lines and I understand the OP's question.

For example : Princess has "all aboard" time as a half hour before sailing time and I think Celebrity only has 15 minutes.

Let's say sail time is 6:00. On Princess "all aboard" is 5:30.

On Celebrity "all aboard" is 5:45.

The OP is asking how the "all aboard" time compares to the stated "sail time" on Disney.

The OP is asking how the "all aboard" time compares to the stated "sail time" on Disney.

As it has been repeatedly said: do not mess or gamble with AAT. I have seen us depart minutes after the last straggler boarded. They were literally calling for that family in the PSA system. AAT that day was at 4:45p and we left at 4:46, maybe. So, regardless what other lines do, with DCL you have to get to the ship no less than 30 minutes before AAT, lest you wish to wave at the ship from the pier as it disappears in the horizon.

The one exception (the only one I've seen in all our DCL cruises) was a child who broke her arm while in an DCL excursion in Jamaica and was brought to the ship ~10 minutes later via ambulance. I imagine the excursion people communicated with the crew about the incident, because they were waiting for her and her family and undocked pretty much as soon as they set foot aboard.

On DCL, the difference between guest "all aboard" time and sail off time is the time it takes the crew to be ready to cruise and the harbor authority to give clearance to depart. This is usually a very short time.

If you hear an announcement on the overhead system "Will a member of the Smith party from deck 6 please contact Guest Services," this is your clue to watch what is happening outside. It may be as simple as one member of the family had a card that didn't swipe in and the guest is on board. Security gets busy and can miss things. More likely, there is a guest missing. Look for action on the dock.

On DCL' date=' the difference between guest "all aboard" time and sail off time is the time it takes the crew to be ready to cruise and the harbor authority to give clearance to depart. This is usually a very short time.

If you hear an announcement on the overhead system "Will a member of the Smith party from deck 6 please contact Guest Services," this is your clue to watch what is happening outside. It may be as simple as one member of the family had a card that didn't swipe in and the guest is on board. Security gets busy and can miss things. More likely, there is a guest missing. Look for action on the dock.[/quote']

So if our current itinerary says "Port times 8am - 6pm" , that means all aboard time is 6pm?

(Just for clarity - on Princess or Celebrity that would mean all aboard time would be 5:30)

Edited by chamima

So if our current itinerary says "Port times 8am - 6pm" , that means all aboard time is 6pm?

(Just for clarity - on Princess or Celebrity that would mean all aboard time would be 5:30)

Yes. You and everybody in your party should already be aboard by 6pm.

Obviously thing's do change according to circumstances, so be sure to read your Navigator, check you are on the same time zone as the ship, and check the AAT board when you depart the ship for that day.

ex techie

As techie said, that is what is scheduled, but things DO change. Be alert for all notifications while on board.

If it is a tender port, you will also be told something like "The first tender is scheduled for 8:30 and the last tender will depart at 5:30. Please be aware that the last tender may be crowded."

Yes. You and everybody in your party should already be aboard by 6pm.

Obviously thing's do change according to circumstances, so be sure to read your Navigator, check you are on the same time zone as the ship, and check the AAT board when you depart the ship for that day.

ex techie

As techie said' date=' that is what is scheduled, but things DO change. Be alert for all notifications while on board.

If it is a tender port, you will also be told something like "The first tender is scheduled for 8:30 and the last tender will depart at 5:30. Please be aware that the last tender may be crowded."[/quote']

Thanks!

I don't foresee there being a problem.

The OP and I have been trained by the other cruise lines that we must be onboard 1/2 to a full hour before "sail time".

(And I ALWAYS set my watch to ship time and am sure I'm on board early.)

Thanks!

I don't foresee there being a problem.

The OP and I have been trained by the other cruise lines that we must be onboard 1/2 to a full hour before "sail time".

(And I ALWAYS set my watch to ship time and am sure I'm on board early.)

No worries!

DCL also WANT you aboard 30 mins before as a minimum!

They are just too scared of people demanding refunds and complaining that they lost 30 minutes of island time because they didn't know, didn't read, as a posed to say the other lines.

Everyone has to be happy right? Or the Mouse loses money!

ex techie

We also sail a lot on other lines and I understand the OP's question.

For example : Princess has "all aboard" time as a half hour before sailing time and I think Celebrity only has 15 minutes.

Let's say sail time is 6:00. On Princess "all aboard" is 5:30.

On Celebrity "all aboard" is 5:45.

Thank you, chamima! You explained it better than I did, but that is precisely what I was looking for. Happy sailing!

Our last full day on the Eclipse was also our longest tour day , arriving at 7 am and departing at 9 pm .

DSC03061-001_zpsv1ezcf5b.jpg

].]]

[/img][/url]

FINALLY found an example.

This is a Daily program from Celebrity.

Note the "All Aboard vs. Departure" times.

That's what we've been asking about.

I guess Disney does it differently..............