When to line up for "first off the ship" in port?

moonbeams558

Hello,

We are wondering about what time we would have to line up to be among the first off of the ship?

We are docking at Juneau at 8 on the star princess and have to be among the first off to make our adventure bound excursion.

Obviously you can never predict, but any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm surprised that Adventure Bound is now doing this. :) I assume you are going to be picked up at your dock?

I would suggest you be ready to go at 7am. There should be two gangways set up, looking over the dock, from your lower open deck, should tell you where the deck is. (the docks are dependent on the tides with them usually being moved during the day). Then go toward that area. You probably won't be able to get right up to the exit, but get in the general area. Have you key card in your hand. :)

Adventure Bound allowed us to do this last year and we will be doing it again this year on Sept 1st. They docked by the green building and sent someone to our Princess ship to walk us down. The staff and captain were very welcoming and the trip was a highlight of the cruise!

The moment you are docked (but not able to get off the ship), turn on your cell phone.

A few years ago, I had planned to run to where the Adventure Bound ship was docked. I turned my cell on and Wanda had left a message that she was going to pick me up. I then had recruited 2 other people who were waiting to get off the ship with me to and called her to see if they had room for 2 extra passengers.

So I would have your cell phone on so in case she calls, you can be in conversation with her.

I agree with BQ - I would be in the area early and ready to go when you can. You can definitely get within 10 feet of the exit and watch when they are setting everything up. There were maybe 15 people who wanted to get off ASAP for whatever reason.

BQ - yes, she picked us up at the parking lot of where we were docked. I think they do this so that they can get going quickly and so that people don't get lost looking for their boat if they had never been.

Edited by Coral