Exchange Dollars For Euros?

pickypicky

While in Europe Euros are available for purchase at Guest Relations. There are also 2 ATM's on Deck 4 that offer currency but on our last cruise in Asia and the Middle East only offered US$. I expect that while in Europe one of these will be dispensing Euros, as well.

Personally I use an ATM card for purchases that does not charge any transaction fee, and also has a much better exchange rate than Azamara, or its ATM's. Many banks allow you the capability to purchase Euros before you leave home, as another option.

While in Europe Euros are available for purchase at Guest Relations. There are also 2 ATM's on Deck 4 that offer currency but on our last cruise in Asia and the Middle East only offered US$. I expect that while in Europe one of these will be dispensing Euros, as well.

Personally I use an ATM card for purchases that does not charge any transaction fee, and also has a much better exchange rate than Azamara, or its ATM's. Many banks allow you the capability to purchase Euros before you leave home, as another option.

Thank you! We have been in Europe for a few days and have managed to spend our pre-purchased Euros[emoji51]. We do have a good credit card with no transaction fee but in consideration of tips etc. for which credit cards aren't practical are thinking we need more cash. Planning to hit an ATM but were thinking of using Azamara as a last resort. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two weeks ago on Quest their ATM used an exchange rate of 1 Euro to 1.24 US Dollar, plus a transaction fee. That's a total rip-off. You're best off using an ATM at a local bank onshore. The exchange rate will be pretty good and they will probably charge you a fee of about five dollars per transaction. If the transaction fee bothers you, then check with your bank. They may have a local partner where you won't be charged a fee

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Don't banks in USA carry €?

I would far prefer to exchange at home than have to go through the hassle of looking for a bank in a foreign country, as you then have to show ID. I object to carrying my passport when on shore, in case a pick pocket relieves me of it.

We were recently in the Mediterranean and were given repeated warnings, but had no problems. I just kept purse (& I mean purse where I keep my money, not handbag) in my camera bag, which I put in front of me and across my shoulder.

Some US banks carry Euros and others can arrange to get them. But you pay a higher price than going to an ATM in Europe. There is no need to go to a bank in Europe to get cash though you should only use ATMs affiliated with banks.

Some US banks carry Euros and others can arrange to get them. But you pay a higher price than going to an ATM in Europe. There is no need to go to a bank in Europe to get cash though you should only use ATMs affiliated with banks.

Thanks all. We thought we had obtained plenty of euros from our bank at home but somehow managed to run through them[emoji51]. Will try one of your suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums