I get the whole PVP thing now!

DKF97

I accidently ended up with a pvp for one of my upcoming cruises. I've always booked online and I hate having to call someone at Carnival. 90% of the time I just end up annoyed. So I didn't see the benefit of a pvp, when I could just do everything myself online.

I was having an issue booking our cabins online after I booked my dads cabin and I wanted to be next door to him and when it wouldn't go through, I broke down and called. The guy who answered was great! He gave me his work and cell numbers before I got off the phone in case I needed anything else. I wrote them down, but didn't think I would ever call him.

Well a couple of days ago, I noticed the military price was $60 less than what we had paid. So I sent in the early saver form for one of our cabins and my dad's cabin. Both were denied. So I called our new pvp. I left a message and he called me back in about 30 minutes. I told him about the price drop and he immediately took care of it. I was on the phone all of 3 minutes. Awesome! Unfortunately he couldn't do my dad's because his had been booked online, he tried but the system wouldn't let him. So a few minutes later I put a call into customer service to get my dads credit. Well I finally got it, but it took 25 minutes of me wanting to reach through the phone and strangle someone! I love my pvp and will never book online again! Only wish I could somehow change our September cruise that I booked online last year over to him.

PVPs are great (if you get a good one like I have) and it is soooooooo much easier dealing with the same person all the time instead of whoever answers the 1-800 number. :)

YES, where's the like button. :D

OP, in case you don't know, if you want to book onboard to get OBC, you can transfer that booking to your PVP, but it needs to be done within a timeline, which I believe is 30 days, but it could be shorter, can't remember.

Agree. I have a good one too since 2009.

She knows my limitations, and that I dont and cant cruise every year, but stays in touch to let me know of super deals. She is not in my face, yet always available when I am ready to book.

Just a technicality, but agents at the 800 Carnival number are not PVP's

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I ended up with our pvp through the 800 number not sure why, but he is a pvp.

I ended up with our pvp through the 800 number not sure why, but he is a pvp.

I did remember that some PVP's are allowed to take inbound calls routed through the regular 800 number during particularly high call volume times of the day in order to assist the CVS agents and reduce or eliminate wait time.

So yes, I do agree that there are ways to reach a PVP calling the regular 800 number, although it's not the normal way to reach one.

I am very glad though that you did discover PVP's. We've had the same one for almost a decade and would NOT book a Carnival cruise any other way! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok, all you wonderful people with PVPs. How did you get one? I emailed Carnival and requested one, but have never gotten one. While I've never had a problem with the various agents I speak with at the 800 number, it would be nice to have the same person each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, all you wonderful people with PVPs. How did you get one? I emailed Carnival and requested one, but have never gotten one. While I've never had a problem with the various agents I speak with at the 800 number, it would be nice to have the same person each time.

Not sure. All I did was call about a price drop and had to email 2 screen shots to the person helping me. After we were done talking I received an email from that same person telling me they have been assigned to me and they are my PVP.

I have been on MANY carnival cruises and have for all except 2 cruises stayed in balcony or above cabins. The 2 I did not where back in the mid or early 90's.

I think I may have been assigned them before but I never used them and don't think I will this time. It's not like they can do anything special (like free upgrades) for you. You can get better info from this forum.

Just my 2 cents.

I had one who was wonderful and she left, and when she did I was assigned to a new one. My old PVP and I had an understanding that I browse a lot. I like to look at itineraries and prices etc..but when I am ready to book I would call her. Well, my new one, even though I have told her that, literally blows up my phone. Like every single day. Every time I log into Carnival, it honestly makes me not want to book with her. I mean I feel bad, maybe she needs the sale? But honestly it drives me nuts. I would love to find a good PVP again...

Ours is great, he always calls around the first of the year asking if we are going again over the summer. He has all my information, DD214 on file for military rates...all the kids information. He knows we want balcony and a room directly across, upper decks, port side. I have used him for the last 7 years, never an issue. I have his cell and work number, we had an issue several years past with a family member dropping out and he took care of on his off day. PVP's make booking so much easier to me!!!!

I just had to go on the Carnival website and look at my profile to get ours to call me. In fact, he's emailed me, and called several times since I've been on the site a few times. It is starting to get annoying since we haven't decided what we want to do yet. I keep telling him that I will call him when we've decided, but that doesn't seem to deter him. Oh well, hopefully he will be of value when I do book.

I called the 800 number and asked if they existed and how did I get one. I was transferred by the customer service people to one. We've used him ever since.

He also explained to me that they get credit on the number of rooms, not the type of rooms. So he doesn't care if we book bottom of the boat insides, or suites!

Hope this helps you!

Shawn

I got a voice mail from a PVP saying he may have some promotions that we were not aware of. Have never used a PVP to book since we have a good online TA. Just wondering if anyone has ever had a PVP that was able to come up with a promotion that could not be seen on the Carnival website.

Not sure. I registered for VIFP on the webpage and looked at a few cruises. Within a day I get a call and email from what is now my PVP. He has been great and takes care of any problems I have or answers any questions I have.

This current cruise I booked, I called and asked what sales were going on and he told me what was offered. I asked about reduced deposits and he told me they had nothing at the time but would call if something came up. He called me three days later to let me know the deposits were reduced if I wanted to book.

I got a voice mail from a PVP saying he may have some promotions that we were not aware of. Have never used a PVP to book since we have a good online TA. Just wondering if anyone has ever had a PVP that was able to come up with a promotion that could not be seen on the Carnival website.

When I called to book our last cruise, I told our PVP that I was going to get our FCC # and call him back the next day so I could use the 100.00 OBC. When I called back he said the FCC credit was being doubled, giving me 200.00 OBCD. He also said since we were traveling with friends who had not cruised before, I would qualify for the new referral program and get a 50.00 digital gift card. That was more than the 100.00 I was expecting.

I had one who called ALL the time, I finally had to be a bit threatening, in that I told him he was on the edge of being harassing and if he continued I would be calling in to talk to his supervisor...very soon after my new (and wonderful PVP) called to introduce herself, I explained that I look a lot myself to narrow down my decision, and that if she did not continually call me I would call her as soon as I was ready to book. She made a note on my file and other than an occassional call with a deal (I also informed her of what type of deals I would be interested in hearing about), she lets me look. Occassionally I will see her number pop up as she does her mandatory call back that her system requires, but then she immediately hangs up because she sees the very bold face note on my account. Having a PVP who gets you is priceless!

We are very happy with our PVP. She doesn't bug us, although sometimes I wish she would. If there is a price drop or some other issue that I don't have the time to call, I send her and email and she takes care of everything.

How do you get a PVP? Someone said theirs contacts them from time to time about cruise deals.. I want this! Where do I sign up?? I booked this last cruise via phone with the 800 number but didn't get anyone assigned to us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Are we allowed to give out our PVP's info? Mine is super fantastic...I have his email, cell....everything. I always end up emailing him with my anxieties several times prior to my cruises. And he's never bothered me...ever.

Are we allowed to give out our PVP's info? Mine is super fantastic...I have his email, cell....everything. I always end up emailing him with my anxieties several times prior to my cruises. And he's never bothered me...ever.

I don't think do. I believe it violates TOS for the forums. Dumb since it is hard to help someone if you can't direct them to the help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk