Celebrity Summit - Aqua Class Cabins

jetboy

Hi I am planning on a cruise on the Summit in November from San Juan. First time on this class of ship so looking for advise.

Have read a lot if I book an A2 cabin I will be disturbed by the noise above from the sun deck, are there better cabins on this deck??

Could stretch to the A1 cabins but not sure what are the real benefits?, any advise would be great!

Would love a rear cabin but they seem to be rare.

Thanks you for all your advise and ideas.

Hi I am planning on a cruise on the Summit in November from San Juan. First time on this class of ship so looking for advise.

Have read a lot if I book an A2 cabin I will be disturbed by the noise above from the sun deck, are there better cabins on this deck??

Could stretch to the A1 cabins but not sure what are the real benefits?, any advise would be great!

Would love a rear cabin but they seem to be rare.

Thanks you for all your advise and ideas.

We did the A1 cabins on deck 11. We chose these specifically because when we sailed (October of 2012) the cabins up on 11 were all brand new - not refurbished like the ones on 9. Advantages? Everything was crisp, clean and in perfect working order brecause it was new. It is very quiet up on 11 as there is very little hallway traffic. The balcony is not blocked by the VERY large overhang from deck 10. Some people see this as a disadvantage because the balcony has no substantial cover but for us the better view made it a plus. On 11 you are very close to the buffet and the bar at the back of the ship....very convenient.

With regards to noise on deck 9, that can be hit or miss. Just do your homework and pick a cabin that is furthest from the busy areas. You might be better off under the spa pool than you would be under the main pool for example.

Good luck!

You can secure a room now in the aft (if one is available). We have stayed in the aft and actually prefer it. If you stay in a A2 know that 9071, 9073, 9064, 9066 have obstructed views. Unless you want to eat in Blu I would choose a CC cabin as the amenities are almost the same and you can be on Deck 8 with no pool or Oceanview Cafe over your room. There are C1 rooms aft also.

Good Luck in choosing.

• 1 year later...
You can secure a room now in the aft (if one is available). We have stayed in the aft and actually prefer it. If you stay in a A2 know that 9071, 9073, 9064, 9066 have obstructed views. Unless you want to eat in Blu I would choose a CC cabin as the amenities are almost the same and you can be on Deck 8 with no pool or Oceanview Cafe over your room. There are C1 rooms aft also.

Good Luck in choosing.

What is obstructed about 9071 and 9073?

Best aqua cabins are the three middle rear facing A1's on the new Deck 11 with significantly larger balconies, a nice overhang as well as some part of the balcony open to the sky. The remaining Deck 11 cabins are very quiet...the exception being if they are playing a movie above on Deck 12 at night which has started on some cruises. As far as Deck 9, our experience has been that cabins 9108 and further back are much quieter with no noise from above since they are under a carpeted area of the buffet. All deck 9 cabins have a large overhang which is nice if you want to be out of the sun...and obviously not so nice if you want to be in the sun. The overhang really doesn't block the view of anything other than the sky or a passing airplane...not an issue.

Hope this helps. We try to book 1139, 1140, 1141 on M-class ships. With the upgrade for previous Celebrity cruisers (captain's club), we pay the A2 price for an A1 cabin.

Edited by ghstudio

Good Luck in choosing.

I agree about the CC cabin. We did a B2B in April - one week a CC and one week an A1. The noise was very noticeable in the A1 cabin and the overhang was very close ! Good Luck