Constellation aqua class rooms

hobgoblin

Can anyone comment on the new outdoor cinema area on deck 12?

I have booked an aqua class room (1127) and am now worried we get a lot of disturbance from up above our cabin.

Unfortunately I didn't know the cinema would be there when I booked almost a year ago,the ship has been refurbished in dry dock since then.

Has anyone been on board in the cabins located below this new fascility recently?

Any info on my cabin would be much appreciated .

Can anyone comment on the new outdoor cinema area on deck 12?

I have booked an aqua class room (1127) and am now worried we get a lot of disturbance from up above our cabin.

Unfortunately I didn't know the cinema would be there when I booked almost a year ago,the ship has been refurbished in dry dock since then.

Has anyone been on board in the cabins located below this new fascility recently?

Any info on my cabin would be much appreciated .

We were in this very cabin on cruise which finished in Barcelona yesterday. We did find the sound from the new cinema deck above annoying at times. It was fine with door closed but annoying if sitting out, say in later afternoon.

More annoying was the tired nature of the furnishing and decor within the cabin. We are not complainers but I did raise this at Guest Relations - reaction was mediocre with some items repaired and others not. I lost heart for the battle after a day and decided to sit back and enjoy the cruise. Daily Housekeeper was excellent but major refurbishment of this cabin neeeded to bring it up to proper Celebrity standard.

I have stayed in 1110 and 1114 on sister ships Infinity and Millennium. In both of those cases, we could hear the movies from our balcony, but neither was loud enough to bother us in any way - sounded like a far off conversation. Each of those locations is closer to the speaker area than your cabin. I cannot speak to Summit specifically - perhaps the sound on that ship is louder than the others. If it is too disruptive I would tell Guest Relations.

I was surprised to hear about the room condition. These rooms were all added when the ships were 'solsticized' so are newer than other cabins on the ship. Neither the Infinity nor Millennium rooms were in bad shape, but again, I cannot speak specifically to the Summit. Everyone is also entitled to their own opinion and experience, but I am just wondering if perhaps someone not happy with the room is not used to sailing the M class ships, which overall are older so therefore showing their age more than the S class. I am not a Celebrity 'cheerleader' but I can honestly say that in my 35+ Celebrity cruises (ok, I am a fan, but not a cheerleader:)) I have only had one cabin that was in relatively shabby condition and that was on Century right before she was sold. Not denying someone's opinion; just saying that your opinion in the same cabin may be different.

Op should try to move..unless balc door will be kept closed.

Summit feels worn and dated to us as does Inf. Connie less so. Which is a plus for OP.. We have one more M class cruise and do not plan another M class booking.

The refurb was limited and many areas feel dated. The layout and size of the ship is great and we enjoy BLU but ships showing their age. Items in the Persisn Gardens in the spa often not woking and feel moldy.

Still enjoyable for a cruise but not 4 star quality

Just to clarify it was only our cabin we were not that happy about. The rest of the ship is still excellent and we had a great cruise. If OP wants to PM me I can go through the list of what was wrong and provide pictures.

I would stress we are not that fussy at all but what we found was a shock to us.

I think if you advertise a 4 star product you need to reinvest to keep this standard up and there really are no excuses. If you provide lower than 4 star the price should reflect this. We have sailed the Connie before and the Eclipse and are well aware of the standard expected.

Just to clarify it was only our cabin we were not that happy about. The rest of the ship is still excellent and we had a great cruise. If OP wants to PM me I can go through the list of what was wrong and provide pictures.

I would stress we are not that fussy at all but what we found was a shock to us.

I think if you advertise a 4 star product you need to reinvest to keep this standard up and there really are no excuses. If you provide lower than 4 star the price should reflect this. We have sailed the Connie before and the Eclipse and are well aware of the standard expected.

Hello There

Thanks for your reply.

Was it the summit you were on or the connie?

Im going on the connie and I thought the Aqua class rooms were refurbished or were actually new not too long ago?

Hello There

Thanks for your reply.

Was it the summit you were on or the connie?

Im going on the connie and I thought the Aqua class rooms were refurbished or were actually new not too long ago?

It was the Connie. No, these cabins have not been refurbished for at least 2 years ( I think the Cabin Stewart said when the whole ship was brought up to Soltice class). Maybe they will be done by the time of your cruise.

Please do not let my comments worry you about your cruise. The cabin is fine, just very tired, and we had a fantastic cruise.

Hasn't this cabin been through the solsticising process like the rest of the aqua class cabins?

I was on this ship in aqua class further down the corridors two years ago and it was similar to the equinox with the nice glass shower etc...

Hasn't this cabin been through the solsticising process like the rest of the aqua class cabins?

I was on this ship in aqua class further down the corridors two years ago and it was similar to the equinox with the nice glass shower etc...

All of the Aqua cabins on Deck 11 conform to Solstice. They are new cabins and built in an area that used to be kids or teen club.

Yes but that was 2 years ago. 2 years with no more care is a long time in the life of a cabin. We are staying in a 3 star hotel in Barcelona for a few days post cruise and condition is far better than 1127 on Constellation.

All of the Aqua cabins on Deck 11 conform to Solstice. They are new cabins and built in an area that used to be kids or teen club.

I guess maybe it's fair to highlight what was wrong in the cabin and people can form own views:

1) arms on sofa threadbare and stains on seats. (Sofa was partially refurbished for us following complaint)

2) long crack in marble effect on top of dressing table ( was partially repaired for us)

3) loose hinge on lower dressing table right hard door with door way off centre and not sitting flush

4) coffee table worn with deep stains (probably impossible to clean)

5) Rubber missing from top right of one of balcony chairs.

6) Mind Your Step stencil on step into shower worn away so you could see only one or two letters.

7) Aromatherapy Diffuser old and shabby and never filled with diffuser liquid.

8) Lower hinge on wardrobe door not connected.

Only 1 and 2 were dealt with.

No one item was a huge issue but coming together in what is sold as a 4 star product is not really on.

Honestly, those sorts of things wouldn't even make my radar. We had a leak under our bathroom sink (which ruined some minor things of ours - emery board, cotton balls), our veranda door was very sticky, our heat and a/c was all messed up (still didn't work after it was "fixed", froze or broiled randomly), our toilet got plugged up and wouldn't flush once... and although I'm mentioning them here, none of them made us say "ugh, this is awful".

Maybe I don't complain enough? I dunno. We had a fabulous cruise. We ask to have things fixed, they either do or try to, life goes on.

Honestly, those sorts of things wouldn't even make my radar. We had a leak under our bathroom sink (which ruined some minor things of ours - emery board, cotton balls), our veranda door was very sticky, our heat and a/c was all messed up (still didn't work after it was "fixed", froze or broiled randomly), our toilet got plugged up and wouldn't flush once... and although I'm mentioning them here, none of them made us say "ugh, this is awful".

Maybe I don't complain enough? I dunno. We had a fabulous cruise. We ask to have things fixed, they either do or try to, life goes on.

Ok. Fair point. We had a terrific cruise too. I guess it's down to personal attitude.

Sailed in 1123 last November and it was as good as any cabin I've been in, but to be honest I probably wouldn't notice minor cosmetic issues anyway. The rooftop terrace wasn't in place then but during sailaway we heard a bit of noise from people using the area for a gathering. Nothing to worry about though. I guess we'll see how the cinema goes on our next cruise.

I've been on both Connie and Summit in AQ, the location of the AQ rooms is identical. If you can hear the movies on one, you will hear them on the other.

I respectfully disagree. Whether you can hear the movies, and whether they are disruptive depends on how loud each individual ship is. We had no issue on Infinity and Connie, but it sounds like Summit may have them set at a higher volume.

I respectfully disagree. Whether you can hear the movies, and whether they are disruptive depends on how loud each individual ship is. We had no issue on Infinity and Connie, but it sounds like Summit may have them set at a higher volume.

I don't disagree with that. If they choose to set the volume lower, then it will be lower.

On OUR Summit cruise they had it blasting.

I was only saying that at the same volume, it should not matter which M class ship you are on. The configuration of the ship, and the AQ cabins, is essentially the same.

I don't disagree with that. If they choose to set the volume lower, then it will be lower.

On OUR Summit cruise they had it blasting.

I was only saying that at the same volume, it should not matter which M class ship you are on. The configuration of the ship, and the AQ cabins, is essentially the same.

Agreed.

I guess maybe it's fair to highlight what was wrong in the cabin and people can form own views:

1) arms on sofa threadbare and stains on seats. (Sofa was partially refurbished for us following complaint)

2) long crack in marble effect on top of dressing table ( was partially repaired for us)

3) loose hinge on lower dressing table right hard door with door way off centre and not sitting flush

4) coffee table worn with deep stains (probably impossible to clean)

5) Rubber missing from top right of one of balcony chairs.

6) Mind Your Step stencil on step into shower worn away so you could see only one or two letters.

7) Aromatherapy Diffuser old and shabby and never filled with diffuser liquid.

8) Lower hinge on wardrobe door not connected.

Only 1 and 2 were dealt with.

No one item was a huge issue but coming together in what is sold as a 4 star product is not really on.

Only you saw these in person so it is hard to evaluate, but in general I honestly would not have noticed most of these, or if I did they wouldn't register with me. Everyone has different expectations. When sailing on M class I expect a little bit of wear and tear.