Glass Show Equinox

realnice46

They have them all during the day, different times. On at least one or two nights they also have one, and I love those.

They run two hours and each of the three artisans makes a piece, assisted by one of the others and narrated by the third. I've seen probably 50 shows. I love it. Never the same. I won a large bowl after one of the shows during their raffles.

Sometimes 11-1, 1-3, 3-5 and evening 8-10, although never more than two a day. I don't recall any during port, but have been to a couple at sailaway. Hope that helps.

The printed schedule will tell you.

It kinda depends on what times you are in port, but they usually have a show once (or twice) a day on sea days and several evenings after leaving a port. They should have enough shows for you to see one (or more) during your cruise. They are a MUST see!!

They auction off some of the pieces at the end of the cruise (prices are in $100 increments)....so save your pennies! The proceeds go toward Corning scholarships.

They also give away some pieces after some shows. The shows are wonderful! You do not need to stay the entire two hours.

But I would. Because then you'll be in the running for a raffle. The first couple days there might not be a raffle, but since they can't sell their pieces, they give away most of what they've made that week. They save 6 of the best for the auction to benefit their nonprofit, the Corning Museum of Glass and then a piece to benefit Breast Cancer Research.

Often those pieces for for $1000. I saw one go for as little as $250 and one for over $2000. You just never know.

Can someone please tell me what the seating is like? If stadium type with no back, would they allow DH to bring me a chair with aback from the aft bar> I have a bad arthritic spine and need the back for support and in no hurry to get a wheel chair. Thanks!!

Bench seating is available and they generally do the shows only on sea days from my experience. If you bring a chair from elsewhere, you will want to return it. I don't think anyone would think badly if extra support was needed! The times will be listed in the daily planner. I love to watch every show I can, but my DH prefers that I leave him sitting at the Sunset bar and do this on my own.;) He told me once was enough for him!

The area is next to the lawn and there are 3 (4) rows on benches (no backs), each with one long one in the middle and two shorts on the side. They are all on the same level.

I've not seen anyone bring a chair from somewhere else, but you'd have to sit in the back as there really isn't a place for one with the other seating. There are several screens mounted on either side of the area which show what's going on up front, so that might help.

They have them all during the day, different times. On at least one or two nights they also have one, and I love those.

They run two hours and each of the three artisans makes a piece, assisted by one of the others and narrated by the third. I've seen probably 50 shows. I love it. Never the same. I won a large bowl after one of the shows during their raffles.

Sometimes 11-1, 1-3, 3-5 and evening 8-10, although never more than two a day. I don't recall any during port, but have been to a couple at sailaway. Hope that helps.

The printed schedule will tell you.

Thank you so much !