Liberty of the Seas VOOM

There is currently a sale for Surf & Stream for our Liberty sailing in September. In the past on ships I've only gotten the Surf package and it was adequate for my needs. There is no 'Surf only' option via on line. Is there that option once on board?

How is the wifi? Is it true VOOM speed? I've been used to Quantum Class.

There is currently a sale for Surf & Stream for our Liberty sailing in September. In the past on ships I've only gotten the Surf package and it was adequate for my needs. There is no 'Surf only' option via on line. Is there that option once on board?

She is getting the O3B equipment now. That should make her more on par with quantum class

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Last week on Liberty surf only was offered onboard at $12.95 per day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I was leaving the Liberty Jun 18th I ran into Rohan (IT Mgr) and he said he will have something for me to test when I return Jun 25th. I'm taking my Surface Pro 4, IPad Pro (has a network analyzer) and Xbox with me to see if World of Tanks will work. I'll find out then when it's suppose to go live for the customer, but weeks ago I was told Jul 9th.

I was actually able to stream Netflix fine on deck 9 midships. Maybe it's location sensitive. Even got Royal WiFi sitting on the sidewalk in Falmouth.

Streaming is possible on non-O3B equipped ships - the speed is pretty good - up to 4 MBps The problem comes when trying to simply surf the internet - the high latency usually kills performance and it doesn't matter much if you have Surf or Stream.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from liberty. Prepaid for surf and stream package for entire week for a family of 5. At no point could you actually stream. Internet was very slow the entire trip. Even just basic web surfing was difficult the vast majority of the time. Frequent disconnects. Very unhappy considering how much money was paid.