Disney Sales

hailmary25

I want to take a Disney cruise as much for me as my kids. They are always just so expensive.

I mean is $1k normal year round for inside stateroom on older ship?

Does Disney ever have the wow or bogo sales on March 1st or other times that other lines have?

When is cheapest time to book a Disney cruise if any?

I want to take a Disney cruise as much for me as my kids. They are always just so expensive.

I mean is $1k normal year round for inside stateroom on older ship?

Does Disney ever have the wow or bogo sales on March 1st or other times that other lines have?

When is cheapest time to book a Disney cruise if any?

Generally the lowest prices will be offered on opening day for any given itinerary. Prices rise as space fills.

DCL does offer last-minute restricted fares (IGT, OGT, VGT) on those cruises that aren't selling well. But they typically aren't offered until after the paid in full date and have many restrictions, including must be paid in full, and no changes or refunds. You also do not get to select your room with these.

For the most part the *GT fares, while lower than the currently offered rates, tend to be higher than those opening day rates I mentioned. But, if you're flexible with your dates and room desires, they are a fairly good savings.

Since you say Kid's thats 2 occupancy births.

With you and a partner, 4 PAX. And even if three of you, the first kid pays full Adult rate. (So dumb and discriminatory)

I doubt even at earliest booking you would get a 3 night cruise for 3 or 4 for as little as $1k.

Sorry, but all I can suggest is saving that $1k and adding to it and waiting another year or two saving up for it.

ex techie

Sorry, but all I can suggest is saving that $1k and adding to it and waiting another year or two saving up for it.

ex techie

This. Just wait an extra year and save. That's what we have to do. We were going to vacation in WDW next year but I want to go on a cruise so I am holding off one more year to do DCL. It kind of stinks but its worth the wait.

Once upon a time there were "kids sail free" promos but I haven't seen them in ages. Those were only for certain cruises (maybe the Galveston sailings???).

The price for the week we cruised on Disney just kept increasing for the 16 months from the time we booked.

Once upon a time there were "kids sail free" promos but I haven't seen them in ages. Those were only for certain cruises (maybe the Galveston sailings???).

The price for the week we cruised on Disney just kept increasing for the 16 months from the time we booked.

DCL stopped offering the Kid's Sail Free deals when they started doing the last-minute restricted fares. Seems much fairer - not all of us have small kids to take advantage of the KSF, but can do the *GT.

I think they did offer the KSF on the Galveston cruises when all else had failed to fill the ships.

I'm not totally clear on how many of you there are or how long a cruise you are considering. As noted, the first 2 guests in a cabin will pay adult fare regardless of age.

Some dates will steadily increase in price from opening day on; other dates will not sell as well and will maintain the same price from opening day until embarkation day; some will have special rates available generally after the "penalty" date.

The least costly times tend to be September and early January--when most traditional US schools are in session.

As others have suggested, save your money until you see a special fare that fits your needs or until the first booking date available for the next year!

sorry if my post was confusing

I would have 2 adults and 2 kids

when I mentioned the $1k I meant per person for inside room (and thats an old ship)

I am in Philly so add another 1200 for flights and we are looking at 5200 minimum

I could go to WDW for cheaper than that.

Disney rarely runs sales. They don't have to. With only 4 ships the supply and demand ratio is firmly in their favor.

If you can take them out of school, you MAY luck out and find a discounted rate non-peak but even those are very uncommon.

Current rates for 4

Nov. 9 $3000 gets you an inside room, $3200 an oceanview

Nov 16 $3200 for an inside, $3400 an oceanview, and $4000 a verandah.

Nov 30 $2950, $3200, $3600 (inside, oceanview, verandah)

Dec. 7 $3200, $3400

These are all on the Magic out of Port Canaveral. Includes all taxes and port charges.

The Wonder has some similar rates available but they are for 4-5 night cruises. Obviously this makes the "per night" rate higher.

If you shop around and are flexible with dates, you can get some deals. Now, whether $3000 vs $4000 is enough to make a difference--your call. Is it worth driving to cut your travel costs in half? Again, only you can say.

when I mentioned the $1k I meant per person for inside room (and thats an old ship)

I am in Philly so add another 1200 for flights and we are looking at 5200 minimum

You sure could go to WDW for less.

But what do you want? A land based vacation or a cruise? Or a cruise on a specific ship (Fantasy over Magic) at a specific time of year? And do you want the $1k pp to cover your travel costs to the port?

moki'smommy has some suggestions posted before?

Current rates for 4

Nov. 9 $3000 gets you an inside room' date=' $3200 an oceanview

Nov 16 $3200 for an inside, $3400 an oceanview, and $4000 a verandah.

Nov 30 $2950, $3200, $3600 (inside, oceanview, verandah)

Dec. 7 $3200, $3400

These are all on the Magic out of Port Canaveral. Includes all taxes and port charges.[/quote']

ex techie

You could drive to the cruise port cheaper than flying. We drive to Florida all the time from near Buffalo, NY and depending on gas costs, it is around $600 RT including hotels down and back. Your costs would be a lot less as it is a straight shoot from Philly to Florida and fewer miles.

WDW for less? Sometimes.

It depends on the choices you make. Value resort or deluxe? Counter service food or deluxe dining plan? Park tickets daily/park hoppers/include water parks/go to Cirque de Soleil?

We recently did 14 nights on the Magic with 3 adults followed by 6 nights at WDW. The two legs cost essentially the same.

6 nights value resort, "free" dining but we upgraded to the regular dining plan. Park tickets (not hoppers) were included in the package. no water parks, no extras. Cost was $2600 for the 6 nights.

14 nights on the Magic was $3000 BUT it was 8 nights longer!

Another poster who has been on the site today and not responded.

hailmary25

Cool Cruiser

Last Activity: Today 07:11 PM

You would think they could at least acknowledge the help being offered?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Another poster who has been on the site today and not responded.

hailmary25

Cool Cruiser

Last Activity: Today 07:11 PM

You would think they could at least acknowledge the help being offered?

ex techie

Another poster who needs the entire world to acknowledge his or her presence.

Thank you everyone else for your advice.

While you ex techie posted 2 very awe inspiring posts of random numbers a bunch of questions and capped it all off reposting someone else's advice.

But Thank you so much for the time and effort it took you to do that.[emoji122]

Another poster who needs the entire world to acknowledge his or her presence.

Thank you everyone else for your advice.

While you ex techie posted 2 very awe inspiring posts of random numbers a bunch of questions and capped it all off reposting someone else's advice.

But Thank you so much for the time and effort it took you to do that.[emoji122]

You are most welcome to my advice, time and effort.

Maybe if you thought through your question before posting you would have given some specifics and basic background information that you did not post.

When you logged in, you could also have had to courtesy to just quickly post thanks for the advice, I will look into it.

No need or requirement for acknowledgement or recognition.

General manners.

ex techie

The earlier you book the better. I booked the disney wonder last April and paid 900 for myself and my daughter including taxes for a 4 night cruise. I booked over a year out.. By the time we sailed it was double the price..

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The earlier you book the better. I booked the disney wonder last April and paid 900 for myself and my daughter including taxes for a 4 night cruise. I booked over a year out.. By the time we sailed it was double the price..

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Agree.

How difficult is it to say I would like a cruise vacation for X number of nights, prefer Caribbean rather than Bahamian or Alaskan.

These are the dates that would work for us as 2 adults, 2 kids in an inside stateroom (EXAMPLES) (April 5th-20th)(July 17th-30th)(October 12th-19th).

Does anyone know if I could book that for $1k per passenger? I haven't?

We are flying in from Philadelphia but the flights are additional to the $1k cruise price.

ex techie

We are cruising on the Wonder in early December. Planning on booking another cruise while on it to take advantage of the discount, but will be looking at probably late April or early May 2016. Hopefully they will have some cruises listed for 2016 by then.

• 2 weeks later...