Snorkeling Suggestions?

torchd

The g/f and I will be in Barbados 9/29 and we want to snorkel.

Is there any company that anyone would recommend to book through? Based on my research it seems Westside Scuba is pretty good, but they seem they are geared mainly for scuba diving....?

Anyone have any input or have used them for snorkeling?

Barbados: http://www.westsidescuba.com/about.htm

Thank You

An inexpensive option is to take a $5 per person taxi to The BoatYard, Harbor Lights, etc. A beach vendor will come along - for $20 each you go out and snorkel over a ship wreck (scuttled to avoid being sunk during WWI) and then swim with the turtles - fabulous! And the free cup of rum punch was more rum than punch. :D

Edited by JohninDC

The g/f and I will be in Barbados 9/29 and we want to snorkel.

Is there any company that anyone would recommend to book through? Based on my research it seems Westside Scuba is pretty good, but they seem they are geared mainly for scuba diving....?

Anyone have any input or have used them for snorkeling?

Barbados: http://www.westsidescuba.com/about.htm

Thank You

Another idea is to take the bus to Folkestone. It's a small beach, but there is great snorkeling right off shore. There is a nice park there and a very old church that you can tour. I believe it's St James Parish. There are chairs there, it's shaded and there is a food stand. It also has a changing/bathroom. Last time we were there they had lockers in the changing rooms that if you brought your own lock you could put your stuff in while you snorkel.

• 3 weeks later...
Highly recommend shasa catamaran and snorkeling with turtles!! Super couple and great time!!;

Can you please provide their information so I can look what they have to offer?

Thank You

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend Thriller Ocean Tours. I did this two weeks ago and it was one of the best tours I have every done. $70 each. Pick up at dock, exciting boat ride, best snorkeling all day, equipment provided, safe even for people who are less strong swimmers, great people, and great rum punch and snacks!

You can see the turtles for cheaper with a tour from the beach. But they won't take you to the coral reef or other shipwrecks where there are no people. If you want snorkeling, this is your tour. Oh and there are only 12-15 people on the tour so definitely not crowded! If I was staying in Barbados, I would go every day with these people! The owner runs the tour so really cares about you and what your experience is! Stephen is a great guy!

Enjoy!

Edited by wd2crv

I highly recommend Thriller Ocean Tours. I did this two weeks ago and it was one of the best tours I have every done. $70 each. Pick up at dock, exciting boat ride, best snorkeling all day, equipment provided, safe even for people who are less strong swimmers, great people, and great rum punch and snacks!

You can see the turtles for cheaper with a tour from the beach. But they won't take you to the coral reef or other shipwrecks where there are no people. If you want snorkeling, this is your tour. Oh and there are only 12-15 people on the tour so definitely not crowded! If I was staying in Barbados, I would go every day with these people! The owner runs the tour so really cares about you and what your experience is! Stephen is a great guy!

Enjoy!

We did a catamaran a few years ago, and although was nice, didn't get to spend enough time snorkeling and people were packed in from many boats. This sounds a lot better and my husband likes to dive, so this may hold his interest?

We have sailed with Calabaza Sailing Cruises for years and it is ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT!!! I promise, you will LOVE the day and recommend it to all who ask about sail/snorkel in Barbados!! sailcalabaza at gmail dot com

Dinah

Enjoy!

Can you provide the information for Thriller Ocean Tours? Thank You