Quick question November Cruise

tjt87

Hi Guys, If I were to cruise the week commencing 26/27th of November, what is the liklyhood of the ship being full of kids. Is it school break time in the U.S.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys, If I were to cruise the week commencing 26/27th of November, what is the liklyhood of the ship being full of kids. Is it school break time in the U.S.

Thanks in advance

If it's the week of Thanksgiving, there will be many children on the ship. The week after Thanksgiving will not have as many on board.

Thanks in advance

The American holiday Thanksgiving is Thursday the 24th of November, so that cruise will have lots of kids.

There many be some on the next cruise but not as many. Lots of parents do not mind taking their kids our of school for any reason and lots of kids are home schooled.

Thanks in advance

That is an excellent question to ask if you are not from the states, or no longer have school aged children.

Traditionally, my husband and I sail the week after Thanksgiving, which is the week you are asking about. We have (almost) raised our kids and enjoy vacationing without kiddos around. Been there, done that, and we enjoy cruising with LESS children around.

The answer to your question is...there will be far fewer children on this cruise than the average week. In our experience, there have been fewer than 100 18 and unders on our week after Thanksgiving cruises out of Miami and New Orleans. Kids have had at least the day before Thanksgiving off or in some districts the full week out of school. (The week of Thanksgiving is a wonderful time for extended families to sale together.) I cannot reply for sailings out of the east coast area.

So if you like lesser amounts of high pitched screaming, less strollers banging into your ankles at the pool deck and fewer teens blocking the stairs as you move about the decks, this is a great time to sail. FAR lower prices as well. Now, I can't help you out with screaming adults, drunken boasting by the 50 year old ex high school football player or the scooter and wheel chairs blocking the main corridors of the $10 sale tables. We take our chances and just enjoy being at sea!;)