Snorkeling Suggestions?

torchd

The g/f and I will be in St. Lucia 9/28 and we want to snorkel.

Is there any company that anyone would recommend to book through? Based on my research it seem this company is pretty good, but they seem they are geared mainly for scuba diving....?

Anyone have any input or have used them for snorkeling?

St. Lucia: http://www.stlucia.org/listings/iyanola-dive-ventures/250/

Thank You

The g/f and I will be in St. Lucia 9/28 and we want to snorkel.

Is there any company that anyone would recommend to book through? Based on my research it seem this company is pretty good, but they seem they are geared mainly for scuba diving....?

Anyone have any input or have used them for snorkeling?

St. Lucia: http://www.stlucia.org/listings/iyanola-dive-ventures/250/

Thank You

Take a look at Ti Kaye Resort and Spa. They offer a Day pass to their resort which is located at one of the marine reserves on island. very good for snorkeling. The pass includes round trip transfer via boat to Ti Kaye, 3 course lunch, snorkel equipment, use of the beach facilities. If you want to make it interesting they also offer a Spa pass. You can book directly with the hotel.

http://www.tikaye.com/rates-packages/day-passes/day-pass/

Mystic Man has an excellent snorkel tour by boat with a few stops, all the way down to Soufriere to see the iconic Pitons.. Could be combined with proposal!

Thank you for all of your suggestions so far. Would you happen to have a link to Mystic Man for the snorkeling tour?

I am still debating on how to do the proposal. Maybe I can even do it on the formal night when we are all dressed up... Some how get the photographer in on it. I have a lot of planning a lot to think about.

If I do it at a beach, by ourselves, there wont be anyone around to capture the moment. But then again being at the beach would be great to and no pressure..

Man a lot goes into a proposal, you girls have it easy! LOL

Mysticmantours.com They do try to make it easy for you! A quick Google search brings it up also.

If you opt for a beach proposal, your driver would likely be happy to take pictures for you, or others on the beach, if anyone is around. Formal night can be great, although not so private, etc.

Good luck with your plans and congrats again.

Mysticmantours.com They do try to make it easy for you! A quick Google search brings it up also.

If you opt for a beach proposal, your driver would likely be happy to take pictures for you, or others on the beach, if anyone is around. Formal night can be great, although not so private, etc.

Good luck with your plans and congrats again.

Thank You. I am in the process of emailing them right now to get more info and pricing.

• 4 weeks later...

You might try bringing your own snorkel gear, take a cab to pigeon point, you can snorkel from shore. Many tours go there for same purpose. We bought good snorkel gear 20 years ago still use it, it's your own and clean. Pigeon point has an old bar in a stone building, plus a hill to climb for view, plus resteraunt, and bathrooms. It's a hidden gem!

You might try bringing your own snorkel gear, take a cab to pigeon point, you can snorkel from shore. Many tours go there for same purpose. We bought good snorkel gear 20 years ago still use it, it's your own and clean. Pigeon point has an old bar in a stone building, plus a hill to climb for view, plus resteraunt, and bathrooms. It's a hidden gem!

I ALWAYS bring my own snorkel gear. I do not want to use someone else's gear.... No thanks lol..

How far is pigeon point from the cruise ship docks? How much would a cab ride cost too?

Thank You

I ALWAYS bring my own snorkel gear. I do not want to use someone else's gear.... No thanks lol..

How far is pigeon point from the cruise ship docks? How much would a cab ride cost too?

Thank You

Pigeon Island has many of its own posts in here, a quick search will bring them up.

It's a national park, with a $7pp entrance fee. Taxi will take approx 30-45 minutes one way (longer on return usually as there is only one road back and can have traffic). Cost is $35us one way.

It's a lovely large national park with hiking, ruins, small reef (it's small, really - about an hour or so of snorkeling), Jambe des Bois restaurant with excellent local food and drinks, Captain's Cellar (when it's open), large grassy areas, etc. You can find pictures in posts here in CC or via Google... It's lovely, although not near as iconic or specific to St Lucia as the Pitons and national marine Park in the southwest coast..

• 1 month later...
Looks like I might have to resort to Pigeon Island/Pointe...

Still no one has booked with Mystic Man :( :( :( :(

How many ships are in Port on sane day with you? You can check via slaspa.com. If you're the only ship in Port, it may be tough to get 10 together. Have you posted via your roll call also. Good luck.

How many ships are in Port on sane day with you? You can check via slaspa.com. If you're the only ship in Port, it may be tough to get 10 together. Have you posted via your roll call also. Good luck.

We are the only ship in the port that day. Yes I've posted in my roll call too with no luck!

You would think it wouldn't be that hard. Cruise ships hold thousands of people lol. Someone has to go haha!

We are the only ship in the port that day. Yes I've posted in my roll call too with no luck!

You would think it wouldn't be that hard. Cruise ships hold thousands of people lol. Someone has to go haha!

Doesn't hurt to ask around onboard toi, if you're willing to wait that long or risk it. When we were the only ship in Port and someone wanted to do Mystic Man, he recruited onboard and ended up with more people than needed...(Celebrity Eclipse, March/April and yeah, i know. Yes, we cruised and visited our home country. Lol).

Im booking this excursion possibly, I just need more info, my parents have mobility issues, so I emailed mysticman for the info. But if we do book its 6 of us

Wendell is really good at returning emails. He's answered all my questions in a very timely manner!

I hope you can book this tour! It will be a great time. Please keep me posted!

Check out my review listed HERE.

We booked with Spencer Ambrose and it was an amazing tour by boat and arriving at a beach between the volcano pitons for the day. Lunch and all drinks included. The snorkeling WAS AMAZING! Right off the beach, just walk in and wow!

There's tons of pictures in my review.