Australia cruise in June 2015: Advice needed

seacruise9

Hi,

We are considering the 10-day Australia cruise that the Sun Princess is doing in June 2015. This is the Queensland itinerary (roundtrip from Sydney) that visits Port Douglas (for the Great Barrier Reef and Cairns), Willis Island scenic cruising, Airlie Beach (for the Whitsundays), and Brisbane. Also, we would plan to spend two days in Sydney prior to the cruise. Due to my work schedule, this is longest trip that I can schedule.

This will be our first time in Australia, but my parents have visited Australia several times and absolutely love it. I know that it is off season and will be cool in Sydney, but is this a good time to travel to Australia? Does anyone have any opinions / advice concerning this cruise?

Thanks,

Chuck

Go for it , winter in Sydney is very mild, compared with northern USA. Going to northern Queensland waters the weather will be perfect. Have done that cruise a couple of times and enjoyed it both times.

Hi,

We are considering the 10-day Australia cruise that the Sun Princess is doing in June 2015. This is the Queensland itinerary (roundtrip from Sydney) that visits Port Douglas (for the Great Barrier Reef and Cairns), Willis Island scenic cruising, Airlie Beach (for the Whitsundays), and Brisbane. Also, we would plan to spend two days in Sydney prior to the cruise. Due to my work schedule, this is longest trip that I can schedule.

This will be our first time in Australia, but my parents have visited Australia several times and absolutely love it. I know that it is off season and will be cool in Sydney, but is this a good time to travel to Australia? Does anyone have any opinions / advice concerning this cruise?

Thanks,

Chuck

we are doing this cruise and its the best time to cruise to Queensland, you will need some warm clothes whilst staying in Sydney and once past Brisbane it should be nice

I agree, just bring some warmer layers for your days in Sydney. Typically you'll get cool mornings and evenings but it can get to quite pleasant temps (65-70F) for a few hours during the day. Sydney usually has fairly dry winters too. I usually wear a short sleeve polo shirt and a light long sleeve jumper, and add a light jacket in the evenings or cooler days.

As you sail further north it will get warmer, and it should be perfect up at Port Douglas. Temps up there this week are 70-80F.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say I hope you are not banking on going to see the Barrier Reef on this cruise as there wouldnt be enough time in Port to go on the reef boats out to it, anyone else agree with this, not saying you won't be able to see nice fishes but not out on the reef