Apprehension unfounded on Uniworld

Duosprings

Quick report back on my first ever river cruise. My husband and I just went on the Duoro River cruise with 3 other couples (2 straight, 1 gay). I was a bit apprehensive about the reception we might get since all the passengers were from late middle to old age, many of them conservatively dressed. Well, this cruise taught me the dangers of stereotyping! Everyone was friendly and when we introduced each other as husband, we got a lot of "wow, you're married, that's great!" or "how long have you been married?" So maybe it was the novelty factor prompting the question, but I was honestly thrilled to have my paranoia quashed.

We have not sailed with Uniworld, but have done more then one each with Vantage, Grand Circle and Viking and our experience on all has been the same as yours with Uniworld. All the way around, we were very, very pleased with the river cruise experience. We've river cruised in Europe (several), Egypt and Asia.

• 4 weeks later...

Great to know, thanks for this information! We have wondered what kind of reception we would receive on your cruise line, or the newer Emerald. Glad you guys had a nice trip and experience!