Need Help! Lauderdale hotels/POM departure. 2 Families-pre-cruise.

cookie38

We are a party of 9 (2 families)with a bunch of teenagers. We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 30 and then boarding NCL Escape on Jan 2. Flying then out of Miami on the 9th. Two one-way flights are a great price and lets us spend our pre-cruise in cheaper Lauderdale. (At least my thoughts at this time )

So, I'm looking for suggestions:

1. BEACH hotel that is under $200?

2. Cab or shuttle to that hotel from airport?

3. Must do's in Ft Lauderdale with 5, 16-20 year olds? including fun, yet not break-the-bank dinners? New Years Eve?

4. Cheapest way to get to POM from our hotel. Are their any Ft. Lauderdale hotels that shuttle to POM?.

5. Best way for 9 to get to Miami Airport when leaving?

We are a party of 9 (2 families)with a bunch of teenagers. We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 30 and then boarding NCL Escape on Jan 2. Flying then out of Miami on the 9th. Two one-way flights are a great price and lets us spend our pre-cruise in cheaper Lauderdale. (At least my thoughts at this time )

1. BEACH hotel that is under $200? New Year's weekend - good luck!

2. Cab or shuttle to that hotel from airport? Most beach hotels do not offer a shuttle - two cabs will be cheaper than paying for shared shuttle service; you might look at renting 2 cars and dropping them in Miami when you cruise.

3. Must do's in Ft Lauderdale with 5, 16-20 year olds? including fun, yet not break-the-bank dinners? New Years Eve? www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info

4. Cheapest way to get to POM from our hotel. Are their any Ft. Lauderdale hotels that shuttle to POM?. It is a 45+ minute drive from FLL to POM - only a few budget places include POM transport in their package price; you are better off arranging your own transport. Check for shared shuttle service with SAS, QLS and GO Airport. If you rent cars, National/Alamo/Thrifty offer free POM shuttles from their MIA airport location.

Two taxis (at least one a van cab - maybe both if any in your group packs like my wife :o) for the flat rate fare of $24+tip each is your fastest and cheapest option.

You will need 2 cabs maybe 3 depending on the amount of luggage you have but we had a group of 10 and used http://www.Johnscarservice.com because we all wanted to stay together and were traveling with a special needs child.

The B Ocean Resort is right on the beach (be sure you book a room on the ocean side..some are across the street).

1. BEACH hotel that is under $200?

2. Cab or shuttle to that hotel from airport?

3. Must do's in Ft Lauderdale with 5, 16-20 year olds? including fun, yet not break-the-bank dinners? New Years Eve?

4. Cheapest way to get to POM from our hotel. Are their any Ft. Lauderdale hotels that shuttle to POM?.

1. Over that time period, your budget will be tough but have you looked at Hotwire yet? Also, The Best Western is almost on the beach and in a fantastic location. Also, while I've also never stayed there, The Sea Club Resort always looks like such a fun place.

2. I would just take three cabs. Much faster.

3. Downtown Fort Lauderdale has a fantastic family friendly New Years Eve. Your tens will have a lot of fun.

Fort Lauderdale can be expensive for dinner, especially down on the beach. LuLus or Quarterdeck aren't too bad. Otherwise, on Las Olas The Floridian, Gran Forno, Tilted Kilt, Cheesecake Factory.

Himmershee Village, Tarpon Bend, Rok Burger, Himmarshee Public House, Sushi Song

17th Street, Outback, Carrabbas, PDQ, Five Guys, Firehouse Subs, Shula Burger, Pei Wei, Duffys, Quarter Deck.

Edited by BlueHerons