Oasis Class (Harmony) "On the Hump"

Good morning, folks,

When cruising, my wife and I normally prefer balcony cabins as far "aft" as possible, especially on Freedom Class and Brilliance Class ... we love to watch the wake and because the balcony is much larger than normal.

We are booked for a cruise next year on Harmony, on what we've been told is a balcony cabin "on the hump" (Cabin 12196). We have heard that balcony cabins in this location are highly coveted and have a large following. For those that have stayed in hump cabins, we'd appreciate learning what makes them so special -- what are the differences to "regular" balcony cabins?

Thanks,

Michael

Good morning, folks,

When cruising, my wife and I normally prefer balcony cabins as far "aft" as possible, especially on Freedom Class and Brilliance Class ... we love to watch the wake and because the balcony is much larger than normal.

We are booked for a cruise next year on Harmony, on what we've been told is a balcony cabin "on the hump" (Cabin 12196). We have heard that balcony cabins in this location are highly coveted and have a large following. For those that have stayed in hump cabins, we'd appreciate learning what makes them so special -- what are the differences to "regular" balcony cabins?

Thanks,

Michael

On Oasis class, 12196 is a D1 which has a larger balcony. The hump makes that larger balcony possible.

:)

We were "On The Hump" on our last cruise and are booked on the Oasis at Christmastime in room 12600, on the hump once again. We loved it because we could see up & down the full length of the ship. The views were amazing. Can't wait to do it again.

We have a D1 hump balcony booked on the Harmony for the TA this coming Oct. Does anyone know if they have a lounge chair on them or if one can be requested?

You may or may not have a lounge chair. If not, speak to your stateroom attendant and one will be provided if it's allowed.

Hi Mike,

As mentioned, it's the larger balcony on the hump in this class which is so coveted. We enjoyed a hump balcony on Oasis some years ago and since we were 4 in the cabin, every extra bit of space helped! We asked for and received a lounger, but I'm not sure that is still done/permitted.

Normally we go either far forward or aft and do not care about hump cabins, but the hump on Oasis was really wonderful. :)