Freedom of the Seas ???

We will be on the FOS in two weeks. There are two families traveling together and I was wondering if we will be able to use our cell phones to communicate at least via text message while we are on the ship? We both have the "Voom" internet package. Another option would be walkie talkies. Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated. Thank you

We will be on the FOS in two weeks. There are two families traveling together and I was wondering if we will be able to use our cell phones to communicate at least via text message while we are on the ship? We both have the "Voom" internet package. Another option would be walkie talkies. Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated. Thank you

You will be able to use VOOM for texting if you use an internet based texting app, such as iMessage or WhatsApp.

We were able to I message for free when we were both connected to wifi, we both had I phones. Hope this helps.

You will be able to use VOOM for texting if you use an internet based texting app, such as iMessage or WhatsApp.

Which one would you recommend imessage or WhatsApp. We both have anroid phones. Thank so much. Great information.

Which one would you recommend imessage or WhatsApp. We both have anroid phones. Thank so much. Great information.

WhatsApp.

iMessage is for iPhones.

There are other choices too. People have mentioned FB messenger and Google Hangouts among others.

Edited by clarea

We were able to I message for free when we were both connected to wifi, we both had I phones. Hope this helps.

We both have anroid phones. I wonder if it will work. Yes it does help a lot. Easier to get the app before we get on the ship. I love this site so much information from experienced cruisers!! Thanks again.

WhatsApp.

iMessage is for iPhones.

There are other choices too. People have mentioned FB messenger and Google Hangouts among others.

Google hangouts would be another good idea. I did download WhatsApp. Realized imessage is for I phones. Thanks again.

We used Voxer back in May on Freedom. It has both voice and text but we only used texting. The voice feature is like using the old Nextel phones with the infamous beep every time someone wanted to talk to you.

Edited by Big_G