6-30-16 Thursday Weigh-in - Preparing for Independence Day Picnics

It's the last Thursday in June and, in America, the week-end will feature tempting Independence Day picnics and barbecues. Will we be ready for them?

LET'S WEIGH IN!

My weight has been pretty stable for the past month but I actually lost 2 pounds from last Thursday. I'm down to 195.5, finally exceeding 30 pounds lost! I'm very pleased but I'm still determined to continue to my goal of 180. My first barrier is to get through this week-end, where there will be ample opportunity to chow down on all kinds of fattening foods.

Glad to hear this past week from Diana, Shootr, Rose (down 2 pounds, yay), Michelle and Jo. We can do it!!

Edited by CruisermanVA

Good Morning,

Thanks for the thread Cruiserman. Congrats on the loss.

I lost 1 lb. Will take it. Only a few more to get to me pre-cruise weight back in April.

Not sure what we're doing over the holiday but I'm sure it will involve food! Will have to practice restraint.....and work hard at the gym.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Diana

HI all!

CruisemanVA ~ thanks for starting the thread.:D You & Diana had some good losses. I'm only down 0.6 lbs but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Have a great holiday weekend. It's also a long weekend here with tomorrow being Canada's 149th birthday.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all

Losses for everyone so far! Awesome! Congrats Cruiserman, Diana and Jo.

I lost 2.4 lbs this week. I was thrilled, but know it's easiest at the start. I can't keep that pace with only 15-20 to lose, but it's a motivating jump-start! I've been eating pretty well and staying very active. Lots of walking, elliptical and swimming.

I always look forward to a holiday weekend. The weather looks fabulous here in Minnesota and we hope to get in a lot of pool time. It's the eating part that will be a challenge!

Good luck everyone over the long weekend!

Michelle

It has been a few weeks since I have posted. Ive been quite busy of late.

An update on my weight. 2 weeks ago my scale broke. I took it apart and found a wire had come loose. After soldering it back on, I instantly weighted 225 from my 218 a day before. The scale has continued to show lower numbers over the past week and as of yesterday, I am at 218.3

With that said, I am pretty sure that my scale has been off by about 5 lbs for some time. Since that is the case, i will just assume i was at 238 instead of 235 like i initially thought and based on that, I am down 20 lbs since April.

I sure does feel good to fit in some shirts I have not worn before but bought because i would use them one day. Gotta love the clearance rack.

Diana, Jo, Michelle, congrats on losing.

TheChefSLC, maybe it's time for a new scale? Congrats on your 20 pound loss in 2 months - that's awesome.

July is going to be tough for me as I'll be out of town for two weeks, eating out every day. But no buffets!

cruiserman, Jo, Diana, Michelle, congrats on your losses. That's a great way to start the holiday weekend.

chef, 20 lbs total loss is awesome. Congrats

I stayed the same. Boo! My cruise is in less than two weeks. Not going to make my goal weight by then, but I will take any loss at this point.

Have a great fourth of July weekend, everyone.

Rose

Ok count me in for these Thursday weigh-ins. We leave on Regal Princess on Aug 16. And I have a goal of 15 pound loss--a 20-lb stretch goal. But to get ON a 11-day cruise at 179 would be ideal. Weighed in at 194.4 on the 30th. Will log in again on 7th! Thanks all for the virtual support.

I plan to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day--especially before meals. Nothing crazy. Just some basic portion control with lots of freash fruits and veggies. Limited breads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Been a busy week, from this:

7043fd757acf7162618943ad8fdcc4c1.jpg

To this in 8 days:

fac1558ab1182f87fbe70a13d180e784.jpg

ac2a7fd83d4b82ea36c05b5a0dc6ebc4.jpg

Now I'd love to say that with all this work I lost, but without a kitchen I fell off the wagon and squarely into a fast food funk.

So, with a shiny new kitchen (says sink/countertops) tomorrow will be back to getting on the tracks.

Glad to see new folks joining in! Thanks again Cruiserman for taking the wheel - I hope Belle is enjoying her well deserved break and hope things are maintaining or on the upswing for her.

Hi all!

Rose ~ I see you're just a week away from your Anthem cruise. That'll be nice.

shootr ~ wow, you're such a hard worker! I love the colour of the kitchen cabinets.

The kitchen looks really nice.

Well, we're off to the 1st fish dinner of the season tonight & there'll be pie too so fingers crossed that it doesn't show up on my weigh in tomorrow.;)

~ Jo ~ :)