Crystal Cruises 2016 World Cruise

Keith1010

For those of you who like me likes to plan far in advance I wanted to let you know that Crystal Cruises released their 2016 World Cruise itinerary on their web site this past Sunday. Pricing will be available on or around August 31 of this year.

This link will take you to that itinerary.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/world-cruise/round-trip-san-francisco-(full-world-cruise)--6302-6307

Keith

For those of you who like me likes to plan far in advance I wanted to let you know that Crystal Cruises released their 2016 World Cruise itinerary on their web site this past Sunday. Pricing will be available on or around August 31 of this year.

This link will take you to that itinerary.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/world-cruise/round-trip-san-francisco-(full-world-cruise)--6302-6307

Keith

Most cruise lines don't have their 2015 WC out yet. Interesting itinerary. I'm waiting to see if someone (other than Hap1g-Lloyd) will offer an extra long world cruise like Oceania.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years Crystal World Cruises have included several continents and other times they have been focused on a region. We took a World Cruise in 2012 that focused on the Pacific Region as well. A few said it was not a World Cruise. All I can tell you having taken several World Cruises that it far exceeded our expectations and was a true adventure.

When you have a sailing of 108 days you will not see the entire world. Some itineraries that other lines create touch on more continents but allow for far less time in anyone place to have time to explore that area or nearby areas. In other words, some stop a few places at a continent and/or have very few to no overnights. Personally, I enjoy having more time in selected areas such as 2016 which will provide almost three full days in Sydney with two overnights.

I think this is an extraordinary itinerary between the ports that are included, the timing of the visits (eg., visiting Japan during Cherry Blossom Season), the overnights and beginning and ending this World Cruise in San Francisco which I consider to be one of the most beautiful cities in the entire world. I would recommend this in a heartbeat even though it is not sailing all continents and is focused on the Pacific.

Keith

• 1 month later...
How can this be a world cruise. It never leaves the Pacific.

You have hit the nail right on the proverbial head as far as I am concerned.

Keith makes an excellent and very valid point about never, ever having the opportunity to see the 'entire World'. That is a given and hopefully we can all accept that but...

My own personal opinion and it is only my personal opinion is that for a World cruise the ship has to circumnavigate the World. The itinerary it offers can vary, it can pass through the Panama Canal or go down south, plus it could avoid the Suez and navigate around South Africa. Bottom line however is that to comply to my very own standard, the ship has to circumnavigate the globe. I accept some folks can suggest that it could stay down south and only do a very short voyage but then who would want to pay for that type of offering?

When we were looking for our World cruise we quickly discovered that my definition did not match that of the cruise industry but we can all look at what is on offer and then make a decision that matches our preferences (if you are lucky)

Could a long cruise that does not circumnavigate the world simply be called an 'Exotic' cruise as 'long' cruise might not sound appetising and could be seen as a turn off? :)

John

John, we have now sailed on several World Cruises. A couple of them hit just about every continent but some did not. Some were more regional. For us in each case it was very special and an adventure. Yes, it didn't do a literal world cruise but for us each one was outstanding.

The 2015 Crystal Cruises World Cruise will circumnavigate the globe.

Keith

• 4 months later...

I have looked into this cruise and am very interested in it.

However, the cruise line insisted on a 20% deposit to book it. I felt this was a long time to tie up that amount of money. I was surprised it was so much!

Questions: What is a good time frame to book world cruise?

Thanks

Barbara

Barbara a 20% deposit is typical for a World Cruise with Crystal and on the other luxury lines it is normally around 25%.

Barbara, the advantage of booking early is if you require a specific category and prefer certain rooms. On a World Cruise deck 7 goes first as to the PH and above categories and the lowest price rooms in other categories and the best located rooms in other categories.

While I do not expect WC16 to sell out as WC15 did I can't tell you how many surprised people there were for WC15 who either cannot get the category of room they want or get for that matter any category right now and are wait listed.

My advice is to not wait too long.

Keith

• 4 months later...

Some great ports, but it only goes around the Pacific.

Our biggest problem is RT from a US port. This would severely restrict the number of days we could spend in the US for the remainder of the year.

Heidi13, sorry that the R/T Miami would be a problem for you. Would it help if you added on the next segment which would end in Vancouver.

As to the itinerary. We did a similar World Cruise itinerary in 2012 and it was fabulous.

The on board experience is just terrific so it will be very special no matter where you sail.

Keith

Keith,

Being a bit of a grey area, it is always at the discretion of the border agent on any given day. Since we normally winter in the U.S. it would be a definite risk of exceeding the max days.