Which RCCL ship?

ugagal07

We are debating between Brilliance of the Seas going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel or the Enchantment of the Seas going to Nassau and Coco Cay. Both are 4 nights. Prices and drive to port are basically equal.

Based on ship and ports of call only, which would you pick with a 1 year old and 34 month old?

We've been on the Enchantment and on the Jewel & Radiance which are sister ships to the Brilliance. If you are solely basing your decision on the ships, I would vote for Brilliance.

The main reason for me was the Windjammer Cafe layout.....on the radiance class, the food is spread way out on stations and people don't bunch up so much.....also you can go outside to eat as the Windjammer is on the back of the ship. On the Enchantment, the Windjammer food stations were all jammed together and thus so were the people-elbow to elbow trying to get themselves food off the buffet. We like to eat breakfast and lunch there so that was our main observation.

Also our son complained that the Adventure Ocean activities weren't as good as on other ships. However, I think that was because the staff may have been letting the girls win at some game and he was not happy about that. The thing I noticed about Adventure Ocean was that for the Adventure dining nights, the kids were not given a choice. It was cheese pizza. As opposed to other ships we have been on, where the parents select from cheese pizza, nuggets, hot dog etc for their meal that evening.

Edited by Cheryl H

We are debating between Brilliance of the Seas going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel or the Enchantment of the Seas going to Nassau and Coco Cay. Both are 4 nights. Prices and drive to port are basically equal.

Based on ship and ports of call only, which would you pick with a 1 year old and 34 month old?

The ages of your children are perfect for the Nursery program 6-36 months of age..just make sure to sign up as soon as you board (either ship) and ask for the bag of toys they lend you to use during your cruise. Enjoy !![

I would personally rather sail on the Brilliance./B]

Edited by Ashland

I LOVE Coco Cay, as that's a great beach day....but not a fan of Nassau. GC is nice, but I have NO desire to go to Coz....

Brilliance is a larger ship....but the Solarium is enclosed, which may not make a difference to you since you'll likely have kids with you anyway. You can't tan in the adult area, because of the roof!

It's a toss-up!

I LOVE Coco Cay, as that's a great beach day....but not a fan of Nassau. GC is nice, but I have NO desire to go to Coz....

Brilliance is a larger ship....but the Solarium is enclosed, which may not make a difference to you since you'll likely have kids with you anyway. You can't tan in the adult area, because of the roof!

It's a toss-up!

I think I'd choose the ship where I could get the biggest cabin for the best price!