where is the best snorkeling

ilovelibnj14!

We are going on the conquest in Feb. and trying to decide what to do. We are going to St. Kitts, St Maarten , Puerto Rico and Grand Turk and we would like to snorkel What ports would have the best snorkeling? Where would you go? It would be for me, DH and 9 year old DD.

Thanks

We are going on the conquest in Feb. and trying to decide what to do. We are going to St. Kitts, St Maarten , Puerto Rico and Grand Turk and we would like to snorkel What ports would have the best snorkeling? Where would you go? It would be for me, DH and 9 year old DD.

Thanks

From those ports, I would say Grand Turk.

I will tell you however, I have not been to St Kitts yet. I am going to St Maarten in December and have posted the snorkeling question there. People who have been to St Maarten a lot, told me to stick with Grand Turk for snokeling and use St Maarten as a beach day. They said there was just more to see when you snorkeled Grand Turk.

FYI, in San Juan we went to the Rain Forest which was really worth seeing, if you haven't ever seen one. There is also a lot to see in Old Towne and the forts.

Enjoy the cruise.

We did captain Alan's snorkeling on st maarten and it was fabulous. Google to find it and have a look. :)

In what way was it fabulous? I have found the eastern carib to be not too good for snorkeling for seeing soft corals. The western carib along the barrier reef I have found best for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...