Cozumel.....20,000 cruisers in port no the same day as me, whats a girl to do?

mykindaparty

Ok my fellow cruisers, my hubby and I aré going on our 12th cruise on Carnival in Nov. We have always done Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. This cruise I noticed there are 20,000 other cruisers there at the same time. So if you would please advise me as something we can do where the crowds won't make me feel overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stay. On. The. Ship.

That's my answer. Being on a nice, empty ship can be a wonderful experience. Add a spa treatment if that is something you would like- great deals on port days.

I wouldn't want to deal with those kinds of crowds- if it was 20,000 locals it wouldn't be so bad. But all cruisers? No chance.

By far the best thing to do in Cozumel is the bar hop. They take you to the other side of the island where no one hardly goes, you stop at four bars/restaurants, you get some time to relax, have drinks and enjoy some good margaritas, if you so desire. The view is unbelievable.

You travel in a greyhound size bus.

Highly recommend!!!

http://www.cozumelbarhop.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nachi is your best option. The 200 limit a Mr. S is sometimes stretched to much more according to some recent posts, with resulting drops in service quality. :(

The $20 admission fee at Chank tends to keep the crowds down, although the ship excursions to swim with the dolphins etc. sometimes overwhelm that part of the park.

The Money Bar never seems corwded - great snorkeling from the shore, but the lack of a real beach tends to keep many away.

As mentioned above, a taxi to the other side of the island will get you to where most tourists never venture. Cab ride each way will cost more ($30+) but you will not be corwded.

Nachi is your best option. The 200 limit a Mr. S is sometimes stretched to much more according to some recent posts, with resulting drops in service quality. .

I can tell you from my 5 trips to Mr Sanchos with the most recent in June, service has not declined. It gets better and better with each visit.

I can tell you from my 5 trips to Mr Sanchos with the most recent in June, service has not declined. It gets better and better with each visit.

Greg,

There was a post a few weeks ago about a poor experieince at Mr. S on a very crowded port day - the 200 limit was stretched to about 400 and the menu option on the AI was scrapped and replaced with a buffet for all. Obviously the waiters were doing the best they could but drink orders were slowed. Something to consider if you are going to Coz with 19,000+ of your fellow cruisers.

If you are thinking about going to the other side and taking a taxi please consider the Bar Hop Tour, you will not be disappointed. Its not any more expensive and you go to four places, enjoy the company of a few others, learn a little about the island. They drop you back off directly at your pier. You don't have to be a drinker to enjoy this tour.

Just saying... Have fun whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in Cozumel the first of November, 2010. There were 7 ships total in port that day, yes 7. We went to Chankanaab. It was not crowded at all and had a wonderful day. Just took the taxi there.

We were there again this past May with 2 other ships. Also not crowded at all. Highly recommend. The snorkeling is great, food reasonably priced, As well as the beer. We spent a lot less than we would have at an all inclusive.

Also if you like snorkeling you could go to Money Bar and just hang out. Also not crowded with 5 ships in port.

The main areas you will see the crowded is at the port and shops. I also think most of the all inclusives only accept a certain number of people.

No worry at all, especially for Oct.

Edited by wantocruisemore