Majesty of The Seas

Is anyone having an idea when the Majesty of the Seas will be put out of service?

And when it is, will it be transfered to Pullmantur aswell?

Thanks alot,

No announcements from Royal with regard to Majesty leaving the fleet.

So after April 2016 Majesty OTS will be re united with its sisters?

Probably not. Every year after Royal releases the new itineraries there is speculation that the March/April 20xx cruise will be the last one since it's the last one available online. Until Royal makes a formal announcement there is no final sailing available.

Based on this logic the final sailing for the Allure is May 2016.

On Majesty two weekends ago at the welcome back party:

Us: "Ok, so what's the deal with the speculation that April 29 2016 is the last cruise."

Senior Officer: "It is just speculation."

He went on to explain that the original plan was for Majesty to go to Pullmantur, but that plan is on hold. (Enchantment would move to Miami). Pullmantur is not profitable at this time and they don't want to move another ship there until it is. Plus, Majesty does very well for them in Miami. Majesty could be in Miami well into 2017.

Of course anything can change and she could go sooner, like Century did at Celebrity. But don't count on it.

I know this is all speculation, but with the new terminal coming online in just two months any thoughts on what ships will be based at the port?

The new terminal is supposed to handle all the current Royal Caribbean ships based there. There is continuing speculation that one of the Oasis class ships will move there, but nothing official from Royal about that.

She sails out twice a week with a pretty good load of passengers and is long paid for. She is very well kept up and is about to go in for a dry dock in January - nothing major, just a bit of "spit and polish" according to the officer we were speaking to.

Personally I will miss her when she leaves. Her crew is great.

Problem with majesty is not that it doesn't make money and that people are not willing to sail on her at a good price most people we'll get on anything, carnival goes full too. Issue is the majesty brings royal Caribbean down, people go on majesty as first time cruisers and don't really see what the other classes of ships has to offer. Even in its own market the ecstasy has gotten a bit of refurbishment and the sky is newer than both of them.

I don't know if April 2016. Is its last cruises I would hope so. But you won't know till the next round of deployment all ships are open for sale till then.

With the century sold it could make the case to give majesty to pullmantur or CDF but their profits are not great.

The vision class ships would be the obvious replacement but with less capacity and now even a johnny rockets on them who knows they might be out the door soon.

Some of us don't sail her for the price - in fact, Ecstasy and Sky are often cheaper. Apart from the small standard cabins, she still has a lot to offer and I would think plenty enjoy a crew who obviously cares and would want to come back for more of that.

I don't think there is any difference in quality between the food on her and other RCI ships. No real specialty restaurants, but Compass Deli is great, and you have Taste of Tuscany done twice per sailing and Chef's Table as options.

Not a fan of Nassau - but that's where the short cruises go, and that's not going to change.

Cococay offers some fun and some nice beaches.

If you have a fun weekend on her, why would you be turned off cruising? Not everyone needs a flow rider. But we are all entitled to our opinions. :)

Matt, I agree. I love the Soverign class ships. I am thrilled to be boarding Majesty on Friday. She is a classy lady, where you can experience sailing as it was meant to be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of the RCI ships but.....Majesty is a pleasure to sail. She provides an intimate, more personal experience where you have a chance to get to know your fellow sailors because they don't get lost in the crowd. Love live her Majesty of the Seas!:D

Pennie

Edited by pennielz

I had heard that the Sovereign and Monarch were transferred to Pullmantur due to upcoming EPA Sulfur regulations at the time that have since gone into effect. It's too expensive to retro fit the fleet with new scrubbers, but they are allowed an offset for every ship with the scrubbers. Not exactly sure how it works, but I think Majesty's sulfur emissions combined with the rest of the fleet is under the limit, Monarch would have put them over the limit if she stayed in the fleet.

There was a rumor a few years ago that Majesty of the Seas was sold to Korean-based All That Cruise http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4472, however, it was just a rumor.

Edited by TM38Rob

I'm a frequent cruiser on Majesty. I ask every time I board and every time I get the same answer. Majesty will be around for a while longer. 4/29/16 is NOT the final sailing. just the last sailing available to book at the moment.

I wish people would stop speculating on this. Nothing official has been announced by Royal.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

On Majesty two weekends ago at the welcome back party:

Us: "Ok, so what's the deal with the speculation that April 29 2016 is the last cruise."

Senior Officer: "It is just speculation."

He went on to explain that the original plan was for Majesty to go to Pullmantur, but that plan is on hold. (Enchantment would move to Miami). Pullmantur is not profitable at this time and they don't want to move another ship there until it is. Plus, Majesty does very well for them in Miami. Majesty could be in Miami well into 2017.

Of course anything can change and she could go sooner, like Century did at Celebrity. But don't count on it.

Matt when you and I were on Majesty in August, I had asked Ruth. She told to me the exact same thing.

Celebrity got a favorable deal selling Century sooner than planned. Pullmantur is not doing well. Wouldn't surprise me if Monarch and Sovereign came back to royal (though I doubt it).

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Some of us don't sail her for the price - in fact, Ecstasy and Sky are often cheaper. Apart from the small standard cabins, she still has a lot to offer and I would think plenty enjoy a crew who obviously cares and would want to come back for more of that.

I don't think there is any difference in quality between the food on her and other RCI ships. No real specialty restaurants, but Compass Deli is great, and you have Taste of Tuscany done twice per sailing and Chef's Table as options.

Not a fan of Nassau - but that's where the short cruises go, and that's not going to change.

If you have a fun weekend on her, why would you be turned off cruising? Not everyone needs a flow rider. But we are all entitled to our opinions. :)

well said

I had heard that the Sovereign and Monarch were transferred to Pullmantur due to upcoming EPA Sulfur regulations at the time that have since gone into effect. It's too expensive to retro fit the fleet with new scrubbers, but they are allowed an offset for every ship with the scrubbers. Not exactly sure how it works, but I think Majesty's sulfur emissions combined with the rest of the fleet is under the limit, Monarch would have put them over the limit if she stayed in the fleet.

There was a rumor a few years ago that Majesty of the Seas was sold to Korean-based All That Cruise http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4472, however, it was just a rumor.

Worst idea ever...

Completely agree! Often times on here people confuse their opinion with fact.